Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Canadiens pregame talk, also: Megna benched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Manchot would be a terrible nickname to get behind. Especially for this testerone-induced bunch in here. Man-chaud...hot man. No thank you. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that! :laugh:

Maybe that's what lead to Gary Roberts getting a penalty for Too Much Man.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Manchot would be a terrible nickname to get behind. Especially for this testerone-induced bunch in here. Man-chaud...hot man. No thank you. Uh, not that there's anything wrong with that! :laugh:

I really hope we beat the Habs, but we usually don't play well against them. Crosby usually is fairly ordinary against them. Subban and Markov are expected to play on the same unit tonight. That should mean Malkin will get a heavy dose of future Olympic teammate Alexei Emelin.

Habs are reeling, I really don't want to be the team that wakes them from their slumber.

Well, that's even worse when you consider that "manchot" is most commonly used to described someone who misses an arm/forearm :laugh:

It makes sense, in French, for penguins to be called manchot exactly because of what the common noun means. A penguin's wings looks very much like a man without forearms. So Pascal Dupuis is right at home in a Penguins uniform:D

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Kobasew was brutal last night. It has to have to do with Megna needing some easying into the lineup. Because it cant possible be performance based.

Is this your first time following a Bylsma-coached team? :help:

Since when is any of his decisions with regards to youngsters/veterans based on performance?

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
kobasew was lazy backchecking on like his first shift. you cant even make this stuff up. how can i guy that should be unemployed fail to backcheck his face off right out of the gate? did he think he needed to conserve energy for the third? just absurd.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Nice to hear that Vokoun can start drinking again but when will he be able to play hockey?

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Was he playing on the third line when he did?

Does that make him a 2nd line player because he scored a goal on it?

Take a look at our lineup the past month and let me know if Pyatt stays on as the second line winger when all of our players are finally healthy again. Oh hey! That will be tomorrow. Thanksssssss

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nice to hear that Vokoun can start drinking again but when will he be able to play hockey?

DB said once his levels are normal he can start taking shots, i dunno how long of a process its going to be, it would be nice if he could start playing in games after the Olympics.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
It would be a nice cushion to have.

I haven't played around with CapGeek for a while, so does anyone know where Vokoun coming back would put the team at salary cap/roster move wise?

Not 100% on this but wouldn't we only be on hook for a pro-rated amount of his salary?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not 100% on this but wouldn't we only be on hook for a pro-rated amount of his salary?

Yes but we would lose ALL of his LTIR which we are currently using. Meaning his full cap hit will come back so we would have to shed over 2mil assuming we were using all of it at the time he was activated.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

That's what i thought, TV salary is 2 million, if he comes back with a quarter of the season remaining i would think only 500k of his salary would be counted toward the cap.

You would also be taking Zatkoff salary off the cap when you send him to the AHL.

Penguinzilla*

Can we just do the post-game thread now?

- Crosby letting Subban get him off his game

Fordy

May 28, 2008
- Kobasew
--- Dan

+ Megna for still scoring with zero ice time then not getting rewarded

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So let me get this sequence of events right.

- Megna practices with Crosby and Kunitz for 2 days and Bylsma has good things to say about him.

- Next practice Kobasew replaces Megna

- Kobasew starts the game with Crosby and Kunitz and proceeds to literally do nothing and gets demoted in game in favor of Pyatt and Jokinen while Megna's shifts can be counted on one hand.

- Because it didn't work during the game Bylsma goes right back to Kobasew with Crosby and Kunitz in practice?

Yep makes sense. That's typically how good coaches coach. Nothing to see here people.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So let me get this sequence of events right.

- Megna practices with Crosby and Kunitz for 2 days and Bylsma has good things to say about him.

- Next practice Kobasew replaces Megna

- Kobasew starts the game with Crosby and Kunitz and proceeds to literally do nothing and gets demoted in game in favor of Pyatt and Jokinen while Megna's shifts can be counted on one hand.

- Because it didn't work during the game Bylsma goes right back to Kobasew with Crosby and Kunitz in practice?

Yep makes sense. That's typically how good coaches coach. Nothing to see here people.

You forgot what predated it.

- Kobasew looked like crap and got injured
- Megna looked good and got injured
- Kobasew hasn't done anything since his first few games
- Megna has been productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad