GDT: Penguins vs Blue Jackets, 11/14/23 @ 7:00

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Yet Babcock would be getting better results by now (if he weren't so damn creepy)
Doesn’t matter. It’s on them. It’s not like Babcock had a non-controversial past; if he didn’t have any past issues and then they had to let him go for inappropriate behavior right before the season, I’d have sympathy for Jarmo/JD. But he did have past issues, so I don’t have any sympathy. It’s completely on them.

Reactions: LJ7 and Seedtype

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You gotta remember where this team was last year! Things aren’t fixed over night! Your playing a team that has been consistent/good habits for the last 13 years
I mean you could fix 1 major thing but simply playing PP2, its like they got punished for scoring PP goals. Maybe it made the big contracts guys feel bad. Or you could fix things by playing the players who are playing well in any given game. Maybe stop benching young players because in a coaches tiny brain late in games they assume veterans give them the best chance to win when its failed again and again and again and again. Maybe you can stop playing a passive system that neuters our defenders ability to make breakout stretch passes to forwards with speed. Especially after Jarmo just went out and got 2 defenders who excel at making those plays

Vincent is doing a lot of what I hated about Larsen just in a different way. He's been so fixated on his system and having players play a certain way that he's not giving his players the ability to play to their strengths. Even when he does do something really smart like create a young exciting line that every opposing fanbase who watches them comes away impressed with he has to handicap himself and limit minutes because they are young.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I guess but I don't think last year is relevant. He's played much better this season and I don't know why he's worth using energy on pretending he's a problem. Our top players aren't producing. That's a way bigger issue

last time I checked, the defense and team as a whole isn’t the ENTIRE reason why Elvis has a 3.24 GAA and barely a .900 save percentage. i’ve defended the dude over and over on here since his debut (dating back to my old account). he’s a below average goalie who is in charge of stopping pucks behind a beyond below average defense.

Reactions: thebus88

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I didn't go off on you I am merely pointing out that your stats frequently don't reflect how players are actually playing.

Quite worthless stats posting to be honest.

still not over the fact that Zegras had/has 2 points in 12 games before getting injured, huh.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Chinakhov scores a goal and gets rewarded with demotion from that top line
Chinakhov -- Jenner -- Laine played very good (although I think Laine is not still 100% health, I never as Patrik but I had problems 1 a 1/2 months after concussion). Chinny was very important. And he didn't played on the end.

Btw, maybe it is time to change Voronkov with Johnny. I prefer Dima with Adam and Kirill but Johnny with Silly and Bemmer...

Laine - Jenner - Chinakhov
Gaudreau - Fantilli - Marchenko
Voronkov - Sillinger - Bemström
Texier - Kuraly - Danforth

Severson is bad.

Reactions: LJ7

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
I mean you could fix 1 major thing but simply playing PP2, its like they got punished for scoring PP goals. Maybe it made the big contracts guys feel bad. Or you could fix things by playing the players who are playing well in any given game. Maybe stop benching young players because in a coaches tiny brain late in games they assume veterans give them the best chance to win when its failed again and again and again and again. Maybe you can stop playing a passive system that neuters our defenders ability to make breakout stretch passes to forwards with speed. Especially after Jarmo just went out and got 2 defenders who excel at making those plays

Vincent is doing a lot of what I hated about Larsen just in a different way. He's been so fixated on his system and having players play a certain way that he's not giving his players the ability to play to their strengths. Even when he does do something really smart like create a young exciting line that every opposing fanbase who watches them comes away impressed with he has to handicap himself and limit minutes because they are young.
Veterans won penguins the game

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
last time I checked, the defense and team as a whole isn’t the ENTIRE reason why Elvis has a 3.24 GAA and barely a .900 save percentage. i’ve defended the dude over and over on here since his debut (dating back to my old account). he’s a below average goalie who is in charge of stopping pucks behind a beyond below average defense.

I don't know what you're arguing or who you are arguing with. If Johnny and Laine and Z were producing at a PPG and Elvis wasn't doing his part then sure, but we have far bigger issues than goaltending

Reactions: majormajor and LJ7

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Chinakhov -- Jenner -- Laine played very good (although I think Laine is not still 100% health, I never as Patrik but I had problems 1 a 1/2 months after concussion). Chinny was very important. And he didn't played on the end.

Btw, maybe it is time to change Voronkov with Johnny. I prefer Dima with Adam and Kirill but Johnny with Silly and Bemmer...

Laine - Jenner - Chinakhov
Gaudreau - Fantilli - Marchenko
Voronkov - Sillinger - Bemström
Texier - Kuraly - Danforth

Severson is bad.
Y'all need to stop trying to blow up our top line. Marchenko scored and Voronkov blocked the empty netter.

Reactions: majormajor and ViD

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

It's similar to Marchenko in which nice season. Kirill said he had to get used to the pace, the style of play first (he said one had problem to play longer shifts and more time first) Gradually, they will increase their time.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Fix the power play, we win a lot more games. Improve the goaltending, we win a lot more games. Improve both, we win a lot more games.

Problem is, I don't have confidence we have the coaching, nor the right players, to do it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It's similar to Marchenko in which nice season. Kirill said he had to get used to the pace, the style of play first (he said one had problem to play longer shifts and more time first) Gradually, they will increase their time.
Fantilli and Marchenko are tied for the team lead in points while Voronkov is just 2 behind. Theyve been difference makers every game since being a line, they've figured out the pace of the game

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Y'all need to stop trying to blow up our top line. Marchenko scored and Voronkov blocked the empty netter.
Jenner's line played 90% against Crosby's line. Chinny scored against it. Sidney scored against Sillinger's line, Fantilli's line (with Laine instead of Marchenko but from left side where Voronkov and Severson was) and in 6:5. Against whole Jenner's line there were problems.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Fix the power play, we win a lot more games. Improve the goaltending, we win a lot more games. Improve both, we win a lot more games.

Problem is, I don't have confidence we have the coaching, nor the right players, to do it.
Start with the management and coaching but don't wait until July. Start immediately. Then the new management can fix the player issue.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I don't know what you're arguing or who you are arguing with. If Johnny and Laine and Z were producing at a PPG and Elvis wasn't doing his part then sure, but we have far bigger issues than goaltending

i’m arguing that goaltending is part of the issue. not as much of an issue as the defense/‘star’ players underperforming massively.. but it is an issue, in my eyes.

if my opinion is completely in the minority then so be it.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Fantilli and Marchenko are tied for the team lead in points while Voronkov is just 2 behind. Theyve been difference makers every game since being a line, they've figured out the pace of the game
Would be so good if the has to play more more times?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad