GDT: Penguins vs Blue Jackets, 11/14/23 @ 7:00

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The PPs are close, but I'd put Marchenko at bumper instead of Fantilli on PP1. If you want Gaudreau to operate along that half wall, then you want a right-handed shot on the middle to be open for that one-timer.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Instead of changing forwards on the PP, they should have given Werenski away. Otherwise goals in the PP Unit, where he will play are just a fluke because the puck should move to the themes of the local "Dance, dance, dance (Tancuj, tancuj vykrúcaj)" and not "Swam the goose down the Danube (Plávala husička po Dunaji)" on the PP. And he didn't show it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forepar

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sorry guys, I am 0-2-1 this season including the game at MSG and I am going tonight. So a win is out of the question.

Reactions: Michigan Magic

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Sorry guys, I am 0-2-1 this season including the game at MSG and I am going tonight. So a win is out of the question.
I'm a big jinx. I haven't seen a win yet. Philly, Detroit, Islanders, Ducks, Stars. In fact, I don't think I've seen more than six goals total. My next game isn't til the Bedardhawks, though I might buy try to get my usual seats for Thursday for an excuse to wear my Coyotes MiC jersey (still trolling the STH who sits in front of our seats).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Reactions: Michigan Magic

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Let’s hope the pro scouts saw enough from Boqvist and Peeke.

The more things go on, the more I’m convinced the team needs another defensive minded/capable forward. We need another “matchup line” other than whatever “4th line” we have being led/centered by Kuraly.

Jenner is being “wasted” is his role, the same way some people feel his “skilled” wingers are being wasted. We need a 2nd and BETTER line than Kuraly’s, that can be thrown out on the ice at ANY time. Keep Danforth with Kuraly and give them “minimal” minutes. Throw Texier up with Jenner/Voronkov and give them the 1st looks that our worst line/players are getting at this point.

To add, we can’t throw Sillinger in the AHL when we apparently NEED HIM to play on the PK.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Let’s hope the pro scouts saw enough from Boqvist and Peeke.

The more things go on, the more I’m convinced the team needs another defensive minded/capable forward. We need another “matchup line” other than whatever “4th line” we have being led/centered by Kuraly.

Jenner is being “wasted” is his role, the same way some people feel his “skilled” wingers are being wasted. We need a 2nd and BETTER line than Kuraly’s, that can be thrown out on the ice at ANY time. Keep Danforth with Kuraly and give them “minimal” minutes. Throw Texier up with Jenner/Voronkov and give them the 1st looks that our worst line/players are getting at this point.

To add, we can’t throw Sillinger in the AHL when we apparently NEED HIM to play on the PK.

The answer was Ryan O'Reilly.
He was right there for CBJ to sign; he would have been perfect. Effective, experienced C

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The answer was Ryan O'Reilly.
He was right there for CBJ to sign; he would have been perfect. Effective, experienced C

Unfortunately management seemingly came into the year thinking we had a prime Adam Fantilli, Mike Sillinger and Jarri Kurri to go along with Jenner.

Gaudreau-Bemstrom could be a good combo is my prediction for tonight. Gaudreau needs an aggressive, good shooting and quick moving “partner” to be successful. Jenner/Laine only tack off 1 box each, 1 is aggressive and the other a good shooter. Both overall slow players, as is Gaudreau.

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Takes two to tango. Somehow I doubt we were on his list of destinations at this point in his career. And personally I'm quite happy not to have him on the books til 2027 at 4.5million a year.
To me, defense and turnovers are our problem. O'Reilly was going to cure those problems.
Hopefully next year when free agency opens up there definitely some goers, but maybe somebody says hey I want to play there and be a part of Columbus.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad