GDT: Penguins vs Blue Jackets, 11/14/23 @ 7:00

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Again, I know it. But I doubt Pascal will let Johnny with Silly.

???
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yes, to paraphrase Mark Twain: “news of him passing was greatly exaggerated“. No, a typo…..It was supposed to ask was his ALWAYS this bad.….. thanks for bringing this to my attention

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
The ones local here in central Ohio are worse. That's probably why the percentage of idiots jumps at NWA.
Yea I believe that because a couple people sitting my section I see most of the time are CBJ supporters (jerseys, etc). Today they are wearing Pens gear and chanting Let's Go Pens. Didn't talk to them so don't know the reasoning but c'mon.

• Wow
Reactions: ViD

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Is the problem this year Larsen or the injuries??

That’s what it apparently was last year.

Or was the problem last year the injury to Werenski and now his play is the problem this year??

I can’t keep up.

I haven't been able to watch many games lately but the impression I have between this years team vs. the last is very different, despite similar results. Last year it felt like they just weren't in the games at all, this year a lot of the losses have been tightly contested games. Doesn't make a difference in the standings, a loss is a loss but I can only hope this the low point of the season and they'll start to crawl their way up in the standings after a disastrous 10 game stretch (1-6-3). At least there is some hope, I didn't feel that last season at this point. They are mostly healthy and they have options/competition for roster spots, last season they were just trying to scramble together an NHL worthy roster.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I haven't been able to watch many games lately but the impression I have between this years team vs. the last is very different, despite similar results. Last year it felt like they just weren't in the games at all, this year a lot of the losses have been tightly contested games. Doesn't make a difference in the standings, a loss is a loss but I can only hope this the low point of the season and they'll start to crawl their way up in the standings after a disastrous 10 game stretch (1-6-3). At least there is some hope, I didn't feel that last season at this point. They are mostly healthy and they have options/competition for roster spots, last season they were just trying to scramble together an NHL worthy roster.

I agree with this, it's a different experience this season despite results looking similar so far. Last year we just weren't in the games at all on most nights, and the talent wasn't there. This year the lineup looks like a competitive NHL team and it is that, but they're a project that's like 70% there. The system and players together are new, PP isn't working at all, PK is very good. I also wish they would have already fixed the PP but at least they are testing new things, just not the right thing (taking Zach off PP1 at least).

Once the lines are more used to each other and the working combinations have been found, the team should start winning some of these tight games against tough competition. It's still a good sign that they hang in there.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
A pair of Pens fans sitting next to me (I am STH) said sarcastically must suck for you handing out cash to watch Pittsburgh not only own your franchise but own your building as he was chanting Let's Go Pens with 1 minute to go in the game.

Really pissed me off especially when this drunken idiot said to my 14 year old nephew as we are walking out - Hey kid I will give my Pens jersey (Sidney Crosby) if you take that Gudreau jersey off and throw it in the trash. My nephew asked why are these Pens fans so mean and rude.

I have run into idiot Pens fans before and some very nice but most I run into NW are idiots. I will never go to another Pens game at NWA.

I didn't reply last night because I was pissed, you can display your fandom but leave kids out it
Had much of a similar experience last night with the Pens fans in my section.. probably the worst it has ever been.

• Wow
Reactions: Youngguns80

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
A pair of Pens fans sitting next to me (I am STH) said sarcastically must suck for you handing out cash to watch Pittsburgh not only own your franchise but own your building as he was chanting Let's Go Pens with 1 minute to go in the game.

Really pissed me off especially when this drunken idiot said to my 14 year old nephew as we are walking out - Hey kid I will give my Pens jersey (Sidney Crosby) if you take that Gudreau jersey off and throw it in the trash. My nephew asked why are these Pens fans so mean and rude.

I have run into idiot Pens fans before and some very nice but most I run into NW are idiots. I will never go to another Pens game at NWA.

I didn't reply last night because I was pissed, you can display your fandom but leave kids out it
I was at a Cincinnati Reds games at Riverfront behind home plate. They were playing the Braves. Reds were getting creamed. I had my Braves hat on and a drunken Reds fan says take that hat off and root for a real team. I replied I already am sir. Dude exploded and literally tried to fight me in front of everyone. I was 15.
That's why I hate going to games. Best experience I ever had was IHL Cincinnati Cyclones playoff games.
Wild man Walker rocked the house!

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020

My "favorite" part of these scenes is the complete lack of acknowledgement of how fortunate that franchise was to get Malkin and Crosby in back-to-back drafts. I cannot wait for Pittsburgh to fall of the cliff...that's gotta happen one of these days, right?!?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
My "favorite" part of these scenes is the complete lack of acknowledgement of how fortunate that franchise was to get Malkin and Crosby in back-to-back drafts. I cannot wait for Pittsburgh to fall of the cliff...that's gotta happen one of these days, right?!?
After Chicago getting Bedard I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Pitt wins the lottery on the next generational talent that comes through.

Reactions: Monk and Jovavic

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I was at a Cincinnati Reds games at Riverfront behind home plate. They were playing the Braves. Reds were getting creamed. I had my Braves hat on and a drunken Reds fan says take that hat off and root for a real team. I replied I already am sir. Dude exploded and literally tried to fight me in front of everyone. I was 15.
That's why I hate going to games. Best experience I ever had was IHL Cincinnati Cyclones playoff games.
Wild man Walker rocked the house!
I'm a friend of Dennis "Wildman" Walker. I'm going to pass this on to him. He'll get a kick out of it and appreciate it. And he'll tell me to tell you to buy his book on Amazon. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Michigan Magic

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
I'm a friend of Dennis "Wildman" Walker. I'm going to pass this on to him. He'll get a kick out of it and appreciate it. And he'll tell me to tell you to buy his book on Amazon. LOL
He is a legend!
When they got rid of the Dawn Patrol, I was done with WEBN. WEBN and WKRP! 2 legendary radio stations. In Cincinnati!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad