GDT: Penguins Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't put much if any stock into camp lineups but I definitely think it's interesting that they are loading up the top two centers with their recent acquisitions at forward. Makes a lot of sense even if I question whether or not Tanev could actually hold down that role long term.

Kahun sounds like he's already impressing.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
If Kahun Tanev, and Simon did stick where they are day 1 of camp, the bottom six would have serious depth

Jake Sid Kahun
Chucky Malkin Tanev
Simon Bjug Horns
ZAR McCann Rust
TB

Thats... that's rolling four lines I guess lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I really, really love the idea of this depth on paper but honestly these projected lineups mostly tell me this team has one too many forward.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
You can NEVER have enough depth. If you have the cap space, take the depth and don't sell low... I'm a Yankees fans and all year people said we have way too many outfielders and position players... IL has been filled all year and every AAA player has essentially played all role at some point... depth, of you can afford it, is never too much.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Right now definitely. By Halloween we’ll probably not have enough forwards.

Ha... with this team, no doubt. But I've always kinda been of the mindset that you can't PLAN your roster around injuries and have to rely on your system and quality callups from the farm, instead.

I don't know how enthusiastic guys like Hornqvist, Rust, McCann and Bjugstad would be toiling on the 4th line for big chunks of the season. Not just that but it seems like a huge waste of cap space. This team needs more ELCs and bargain contracts in those positions.

I think they'll solve it. I hope. It's just kind of an awkward situation ATM.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've been digging through twitter and I've found literally no one who has given a comprehensive analysis of the scrimmage. I would have expected someone to be doing play-by-play of the game, but nope. Pretty much all I've found was who scored the goals an 1 tweet about Kahun doing well.

The first 6 words scared the **** outta me. On this team too many players have been injured in camp or pre season or practice over the last decade, I am scarred

I'm surprised no one has died yet considering it's Friday the 13th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad