Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Joe Morrow, 2013 5th to DAL for Brenden Morrow, 2013 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Stars fan coming in peace.

Honestly not sure what it is about our teams trading d-men to each other, but whenever we get together we make big things happen, that's for sure.

Zubov
Goligoski
Sneep
J.Morrow

for

K.Hatcher
Neal
Niskanen
B.Morrow

Not a bad history between the two, to be honest.

I wish Brenden all the best in Pittsburgh, and will be cheering him on come April/May/Jone. Would love to see Sid pass the Cup to him, and then onwards to Neal and Nisky. :yo:

It's true he's been a shell of his former self, ever since the Vancouver games, but maybe this deal will bring some of that grit back, as he's got more to prove now in front of a new fanbase that is more accustomed to winning than the Stars fans he's seen over the last four years. ;)

Good luck going forward, boys, should be an interesting deadline and rest of the season.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
My bet is Iginla is coming to the Pens. They are going for it this year.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I surely wouldn't be shocked. I said a couple days ago that I'd love to have them both, and I still would.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Vitale/Jeffrey-Adams/Glass/Kennedy (depending on who would be dealt)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta love all these "all-in" comments. :laugh: What if this is our only trade? How terrible will that be, eh?

Pretty ******* terrible.

I think I was the first with the 'all in' comment. BUT, if this is it from Shero, then take what Jaded wrote and multiply it by infinity.

Perhaps Shero believes that he needed a RW for Sid and a LW for Geno. That's better than thinking that he believes that Brendan ******* Morrow is all he needs to do.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Agree. Sure hope this wasnt Shero's big move.

Anisimov Dubinsky Erixon and 1st was the cost for Rick Nash

Pretty sure we coulda put Morrow 1st and a cple other pieces together.

Well, there difference here is that Columbus got fleeced in that deal.

Pittsburgh got fleeced in this one.

That's about it.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I think once we find out what the plan for Morrow will be then we can try and assume about Iginla afterwards.

Unless there is official word we're out you just never know. When we won the cup we got both Kunitz and Guerin. Maybe it's just me trying not to sulk over this deal.

Kunitz = Morrow
Guerin = Iginla

rylansmith

Mar 15, 2013
We traded a stud prospect for another Pascul Dupruis. Is that really what this team was lacking??? The state of GM's in Pittsburgh is really sad right now. All three of them are bozo's.

Yes it is what we were lacking, this gives us a lot more depth.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
so what, we are going to give up the whole ****ing farm for a cup run?

actually makes a lot of sense, considering shero's lack of sense lately.

The problem is, our whole farm is a ton of D prospects. You are only going to play 6 D, so Shero really painted himself into a corner with what he can offer people.

We're Kmart for young prospect defensemen and are running a Blue Light Special at the moment.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Yeah hes had a year where he has a team with an 11 game winning streak, avoided over paying for FAs, team is first in the east yadda yadda. Doubt any GM would get fired for this

Edit: Man this trade has doubled my ignore list. People are FREAKING out. Yes its not a great trade, itll work out though. He'll be a kunitz for Malkin.

No, it's not a great trade. Morrow is a rental, and not a very good one. What should we judge Shero on? His missing out on Parise, Jagr, Semin, etc in the offseason? His trying to fill the 2nd line winger spot w/ the likes of Tangradi, Glass, Boychuk? His dumping Michalek for nothing? Or does he get lifetime immunity for the Neal trade?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

That is what I think too.

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Bennett - Sutter - Dupuis

That's the best top nine in the league. The best thing about it is that Morrow and Iginla would be third wheels on their respective line. Ideal position for guys their age. And don't get me started on that potential third line. Skill, speed and defensive awarness. They would feed on weaker match ups.

Guins71

Mar 22, 2004
Gotta love all these "all-in" comments. :laugh: What if this is our only trade? How terrible will that be, eh?

If Brenden Morrow scores a big goal or is a big influence in helping the Pens win the cup, then it will be great. Prospects are great. Championships are better. I don't think it's great value, but when you are trying to win a championship, Brenden Morrow is the type of player that will help do so, and I don't think they are done.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
God i hope we don't get Iginla now...it would be a CRAZY funny return. I'm sorry but 1 year at the cup would not be worth losing most of your prospects over.....we would have none left, which is not a good thing because cheap contracts when the cap gets tight.

SweetStache

Jan 28, 2013
Morrow may look out of gas this season but he is only 34 (Kunitz and Dupuis are 33) and he did score 33 goals 2 seasons ago. If he can round back into form next to Malkin this trade may not look as bad as it does right now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
You just know a loss is coming tonight to make this board explode more. 11 game win streak....trade joe morrow for old man morrow...followed by flyers ending streak. Cue the fire Shero threads

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'm on my knees doing just that. For what though? I don't see it happening.

If a 3rd liner is worth a 1st round draft pick.. what is a superstar worth?

Well someone said

Pouliot, Jeffery, TK, a 1st and something else, I'm not too sure though....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Notice how the Stars fan showed up and didn't try to talk us into this trade. Or tell us we're underrating their captain.

Uncle Machete

Apr 6, 2004
Mexico City

How can we possibly respond to this question today and still be credible?

Guys, I know you love Joe Morrow but come on, so far he has shown absolutely nothing and who knows if he will. It's possible that he will be the next coming of Lidström (or whoever) and Brenden is benched for the duration of his stay in Pittsburgh - but until we know, we don't.

Look at it this way - imagine Ray Shero and his staff thinks as highly of Joe Morrow as you do, why does he do this trade? Is it possible Ray knows something we don't, about Joe or Brenden?

(Disclaimer: This is not directed at you personally Cole, your question was just the one that made me want to post this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad