Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Joe Morrow, 2013 5th to DAL for Brenden Morrow, 2013 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I doubt Shero will trade for Iggy, he's done with forward position. If he makes another trade, it would be for d-man.

I can't imagine Shero giving up on Joe Morrow and another prospect like Maatta, Harrington, Despres or Pouliot with a week or so !!!

Dumoulin won't get it done!

Shero just wanted BMorrow badly IMO and the asking price was Joe.. take it or leave it!

He should have left it, Morrow SUCKS now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Minor issue all things considered, but it kind of sucks that Morrow's a lefthanded shot. Would have at least been nice to bring in a guy who could play in the top six that shoots right.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I doubt Shero will trade for Iggy, he's done with forward position. If he makes another trade, it would be for d-man.

I can't imagine Shero giving up on Joe Morrow and another prospect like Maatta, Harrington, Despres or Pouliot with a week or so !!!

Shero just wanted BMorrow badly IMO and the asking price was Joe.. take it or leave it!

Ouch . . .

**** Shero. **** Morrow. **** this deadline.

I was going to overreact but I decided to temper my comments.

I am pleased to tell you that your new meds are working. :)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
yes his 4 points in the last 12 games are something to talk about. still on pace for 6 goals this year though with 4 goals through 32 games so far.

he's a 3rd liner just like he has been.

1) He just got moved 4 games ago and has 3 points in 4 games.

2) He has 2 fewer goals and 5 more points than Morrow.

3) He's bigger, younger, faster, and has twice as many hits as Morrow.

4) He's cheaper (in dollars and cap hit) and has another year on his contract.

So if Kulemin is a 3rd liner, Morrow is what, a 5th liner?

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

Shoulda left it. Beau is good enough for the 2nd line NOW. If anything, should have simply upgraded the defense.

Let's all pray to god Iginla stays out west.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So we give up joe for Brendan. He picked us over bruins, which now will have them getting Iginla. Rumor is they are close to making that move. Sure they will give up a lot...but just future guys like what we did. Point is, for this season....we get morrow and they get Iginla. I don't wanna be around here if it comes down to our two teams in the ECF and we lose.

Why are you so sure that Shero isn't going after Iginla too?

IMO, you don't make a move like this and then stand pat. Or, maybe that's just me hoping . . . :help:

That's the only thing I don't get in this. Not that we'd deal Joe Morrow. BUT, if you're going to deal him for a winger for Malkin, then pick a better, longer term fit. I cannot imagine that Toronto wouldn't have bitten on Morrow for Kulemin (of course, you never know).

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
**** Shero. **** Morrow. **** this deadline.

I was going to overreact but I decided to temper my comments.

Agree. Sure hope this wasnt Shero's big move.

Anisimov Dubinsky Erixon and 1st was the cost for Rick Nash

Pretty sure we coulda put Morrow 1st and a cple other pieces together.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Shoulda left it. Beau is good enough for the 2nd line NOW. If anything, should have simply upgraded the defense.

Let's all pray to god Iginla stays out west.

Let's all pray Iginla comes here in a miracle move

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gotta love all these "all-in" comments. :laugh: What if this is our only trade? How terrible will that be, eh?

Stecz

Jul 28, 2010
Shero is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Dallas knows that the only other piece really in play at this time is Iginla, they can ask for a lot. If Shero doesn't make a move because of price, he's wasting a year of Crosby and Malkin. If he makes this move, he's overpaid. In a vacuum, Morrow for Morrow isn't a good trade. However, J Morrow is a prospect at the end of the day and we don't live in a vacuum. Would rather have given up a lot less, but the price is what it is.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada

Morrow is also a 3rd liner. Who said he was good at this point? People certainly werent fan boying him like they have been Kulemin.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Guys, remember we all hated the Noah Welch/ Gary Roberts trade too. Let's see how this all plays out.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why are you so sure that Shero isn't going after Iginla too?

IMO, you don't make a move like this and then stand pat. Or, maybe that's just me hoping . . . :help:

Probably because making any other moves will empty the cupboard. This was the move where Shero used up one of his excess defense prospects.

I can't see him now dealing Pouliot and Dumoulin (or whatever it will cost) to land Iginla. It would turn a prospect pool from deep to shallow in quick order.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We traded a stud prospect for another Pascul Dupruis. Is that really what this team was lacking??? The state of GM's in Pittsburgh is really sad right now. All three of them are bozo's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad