Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Joe Morrow, 2013 5th to DAL for Brenden Morrow, 2013 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Dunno what to think about Joe Morrow.

Esposito was falling when he was packaged in the Hossa deal.
Whitney had fallen out of flavour when he was swapped for Kunitz.
Goligoski still had that shine when he was dealt to Dallas.

Maybe Shero and crew are just really good car salesmen.

baskin

Nov 10, 2012
B. Morrow is alot more Kunitz then Dupuis and will be a very good addition to the Malkin line. He will bring the toughness and tenacity that everyones been saying that line needs. Shero drafts the D-men just for this purpose to help get his team over the hump in the playoffs. We have so many D prospects there is no way we can have them all play for us. Depres has made Morrow expendable and so has Dumoulin, who has outplayed J.Morrow all season in WBS. I like trading Morrow better then this yrs 1st that we could use to replenish the F prospect pool

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
It was between Boston and Pittsburgh and Morrow waived his NTC to come to Pittsburgh. So does Boston GM Peter Chiarelli think he's washed up?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
All great points except we got nothing in return for our top prospect.

We got a guy that fits the mold of what we needed as a third wheel for the Malkin line. He can create space for Neal and Geno and he has the skill level to create things on his own. Plus he is a rugged player and doesn't shy away from the physical game. Sure is a risky move considering BM's regression of the last two years, but it is a risk we can afford to take. We also can afford to go after Iggy, Despres's emergence gives us that luxury IMO.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Wow this sucks. If your going to give up Joe then you do it for a player that will stick around for a few years, not someone that will be gone in July.

This still hasnt addressed our need for a winger next season though and we just shot our wad.

Guess Shero better use that 1st pick this year for another PMD.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Hockey's future has Morrow has him as a 7.5 C. Welch was a 7.0 A. Pretty comparable trade to the Morrow trade if we are using the same metrics as laid out by this site. I understand that pure "numbers" don't tell everything, but seems applicable in this instance.

Plus Shero has let go of Welch, Angelo, that first, and GoGo (not a prospect at the time per say, but I believe it still applies as he wasn't a Pro for that long. I can not remember a prospect Shero has let go of who has turned into a stud that we've really regretted or who has been brought up on these boards as a bad trade (Think we'd hear about it a lot).

I'm not saying this trade is good or will not come back to bite us (it could), but GMRS has AT LEAST earned the benefit of letting this trade play out through the playoffs this year.

Does Brian Strait count? :(

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
If the report that apparently Morrow and the Penguins weren't on the same page then it kind've just gives them a reason to trade him. He was expendable as we have so many D prospects pushing to get through that one of them was going to be traded, possibly more. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maatta or someone else traded in a deal for Iginla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad