Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Derrick Pouliot to Canucks for Andrey Pedan, 4th rd. pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Buddy who is a huge die hard nucks fan - goes to prospect & training camps every year is super pissed. Says Pedan is a good stay at home d man and super tough. Does not like the deal for Van

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why? Like that's seriously the best they can do for Pouliot? I'm actually pretty ticked at this return.

So much for Pouliot for Sheahan, I guess. Why would they even make this trade now anyway? They didn't need roster space because Hornqvist is going to be out to start the year.

Probably to avoid eating into cap space for a foregone conclusion and so they don't have to scramble to move him when Hornqvist comes back. Right now with him gone no one needs to be waived if Hornqvist is healthy.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Buddy who is a huge die hard nucks fan - goes to prospect & training camps every year is super pissed. Says Pedan is a good stay at home d man and super tough. Does not like the deal for Van
Your buddy is severely overrating Pedan. He's an AHL d-man that was scratched at times last year in the AHL. He also has concussion problems.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
well... that's that then. ridiculously low return... but at least they didn't lose him to waivers.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

Empoleon877130

Sep 27, 2017
Probably to avoid eating into cap space for a foregone conclusion and so they don't have to scramble to move him when Hornqvist comes back. Right now with him gone no one needs to be waived if Hornqvist is healthy.

I would be a lot happier with this trade if it was Chaput instead of Pedan, to be honest. At least with Chaput, you're getting a center, so that fills a need.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Be happy you got any value because he was most likely going on waivers. Can't complain when you get a pick for a guy who was going to be free.
this is what i was thinking too. getting anything like a pick is good for someone they were just going to waive

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A guy at my office is telling me they fleeced the Penguins again like Naslund with this trade because Pouliot will play up to his potential for Travis Green, his ex coach.

I had to wipe away laughter tears.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
I guess I was hoping that they would swap him for another low-risk, high-reward type of player who maybe just needed a change of scenery. You know, since that worked out so well with Daley and Schultz and such in the past. I'm not very familiar with Pedan, but it seems like we got a you-know-what-your-getting, depth D-man of fringe-NHL skill. Whereas, I could see Pouliot really thriving somewhere else. Though I said the same thing about Beau Bennett so who knows.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I would be a lot happier with this trade if it was Chaput instead of Pedan, to be honest. At least with Chaput, you're getting a center, so that fills a need.

They already have two offensively inept 4C/13F guys and let McClement go unless I'm missing something. Idk if Chaput has passed through waivers but if he hasn't him or someone else would be waived.

It's all about the pick.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was at that draft. The cheers when the Staal trade was announced was quickly turned to outright groans when the pick was made. Most wanted and expected Forsberg.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Your buddy is severely overrating Pedan. He's an AHL d-man that was scratched at times last year in the AHL. He also has concussion problems.
We traded trash for trash but got a solid 4th out of it too. Pedan was probably because they needed space in their farm and pens were ok with pedan who is likely going to be in wheeling with the depth we have.

Pedan is a nothing.
Pouliot is less than that.
I’m just happy we got a high 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad