GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim 26m

Not sure how the rumor started, but Jussi Jokinen's wife is not having a baby today.

Good to hear. Didn't Edzo get traded when his wife was in labor? I seem to vaguely remember him telling a story about something like that.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kennedy, Glass, Jeffrey should all be available right now.

3rd for TK, 3rd for Jeffrey and a 6th for Glass.

Beating a dead horse here, but no need to give up those guys now. You need depth in the playoffs, and it wouldn't be the first nor last time a player elevates his game in post season.

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
they are all morons. The Penguins have been slower over the past week because Kristopher Letang and Eggs Malone are out of the lineup. The transition game from the back end is abysmal, it's going to have an effect on team speed.

Sorry for the dumb question, but somewhere along the line I missed this...what is the origin of "Eggs Malone?"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Sorry for the dumb question, but somewhere along the line I missed this...what is the origin of "Eggs Malone?"

Last year we saw Paul Martin cooking eggs for James Neal... and I think Malone sounds good. I have no clue, dude. I'm drunk.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

James Neal was featured on an episode of NHL 36. apparently he lives a block away from Paul Martin and frequently goes to Martin's house for breakfast. this episode featured Martin making Neal a batch of scrambled eggs.

Paul 'Egg Man' Martin --> Eggs Martin --> Eggs Malone

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
James Neal was featured on an episode of NHL 36. apparently he lives a block away from Paul Martin and frequently goes to Martin's house for breakfast. this episode featured Martin making Neal a batch of scrambled eggs.

Paul 'Egg Man' Martin --> Eggs Martin --> Eggs Malone

Got it! Thanks! :handclap:

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Considering what it took to get him (not much), then if he replaces TK between Kunitz and Dupers short term, and if he either directly or indirectly causes Glass to see the press box long term, then it's a resounding YES -- I am happy with him!

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
My god. It looks like that Pominville deal was for him and a 4th in exchange for two great prospects, a 1st and a 2nd. That's so many good pieces for the Sabres.

Throw on what Buffalo got for Regehr, two 2nds.

If the Sabres sell Miller and Vanek over the summer (or whenever their value is highest), they could have a really sick rebuild.

I feel bad for Calgary. They got very little for 2 of their big-ticket items. But if they're serious about a re-build, they should have shipped out Cammelleri, I guess.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So it dont look like we traded any players for picks. Guess Shero rather have 8 guys in the pressbox than the ability to move forward by drafting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad