GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
So it dont look like we traded any players for picks. Guess Shero rather have 8 guys in the pressbox than the ability to move forward by drafting....

Not really surprised on that end. Much more likely to trade guys and/or their rfa right's before the draft. Have a hard time not seeing Orpik/Nisky being dealt at this point if the team is serious about re-signing Iginla. Doesn't hurt to have extra depth in case more injuries occur down the stretch.

Last edited:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
The returns at the draft will be les sfor fringe players at the draft than now. None wants Jeffrey close to camp when they have rookies maybe battling him out for a spot.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Depth is very important to have in playoffs. It gives DB a lot of flexibility.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Not really surprised on that end. Much more likely to trade guys and/or their rfa right's before the draft. Have a hard time not seeing Orpik/Nisky being dealt at this point if the team is serious about re-signing Iginla. Doesn't hurt to have extra depth in case of more injuries occur down the stretch.

I know everyone wants it to happen, but I don't see the Pens moving Orpik. IMO, he'll resign at a very low price after this contract to be a bottom pairing guy (maybe he'll get moved next year then come back).

I also think Iginla will resign for less than value. I'm thinking 4-5 mil.

Also think Morrow will sign for around a mil., then be put on the 3rd or 4th line next year.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
I know everyone wants it to happen, but I don't see the Pens moving Orpik. IMO, he'll resign at a very low price after this contract to be a bottom pairing guy (maybe he'll get moved next year then come back).

Also think Morrow will sign for around a mil., then be put on the 3rd or 4th line next year.
Yeah I think these are all good assumptions. It would be nice to move Orpik out west for a year, as his cap hit will make for some tricky stuff next season.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010

I would be OK with all of these things happening. I see Iggy re-signing for a discount, but not sure about Morrow.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Final score card

Additions

Douglas Murray
Jarome Iginla
Brendan Morrow
Jussi Jokinen
3rd Round Pick (2013)

Subtractions

Joe Morrow
Kenneth Agostino
Ben Hanowski
1st round pick (2013)
2nd Round pick (2013)
5th Round pick (2013)
Conditional draft pick (2013)
Conditional 2nd Round draft pick (2014)

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Additions

Douglas Murray
Jarome Iginla
Brendan Morrow
Jussi Jokinen
3rd Round Pick (2013)

Subtractions

Joe Morrow
Kenneth Agostino
Ben Hanowski
1st round pick (2013)
5th Round pick (2013)
Conditional draft pick (2013)
2nd's for Murray?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So it dont look like we traded any players for picks. Guess Shero rather have 8 guys in the pressbox than the ability to move forward by drafting....

could still deal Kennedy and maybe Niskanen at the draft and grab some picks.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This board could find the downside in a mindblowing orgasm.

Hypothetically, of course. Some of you neckbeards aren't getting laid anyhow.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
This board could find the downside in a mindblowing orgasm.

Hypothetically, of course. Some of you neckbeards aren't getting laid anyhow.
I know that if I wanted to get to know a fine lady, I'd start by giving her a lecture on the finer points between western and southern Slavic dialects.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm happy we got JJ. I wanted to sign him when he was a free agent a couple of years ago. I think he's pretty underrated in terms of value to a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->