News Article: Penguins told AHL coach to "stay quiet" about wife's sexual assault, lawsuit says

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To each their own. At least Donatelli may think twice about doing it again. Seems like he learned his lesson tho. He got a harsh slap on the wrist.
We assume he did it the one time. From what Skalde says, it's something of a pattern with him. People like that don't suddenly start to do it. He started in the Pens system with a Nailers gig in 2011. If I were Skalde and the Pens I'd get an investigation into those 8yrs. Because to have more come out later is terrible and shows a lack of understanding.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We assume he did it the one time. From what Skalde says, it's something of a pattern with him. People like that don't suddenly start to do it. He started in the Pens system with a Nailers gig in 2011. If I were Skalde and the Pens I'd get an investigation into those 8yrs. Because to have more come out later is terrible and shows a lack of understanding.

The struggle to understand this is real; like so many fans are focused on the lawsuit and thinking that with such a flimsy case for wrongful termination that everyone is clear of wrongdoing. There are a lot of gaps in the story, but you'd think the Pens and the NHL would get in front of this story to make sure nothing was missed. It's bad PR and really bad optics, even if they had every right to terminate Skalde, it doesn't dismiss the possible issues with Donatelli.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad