News Article: Penguins told AHL coach to "stay quiet" about wife's sexual assault, lawsuit says

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
How dumb do you have to be to think that you can just sweep these things under the rug anymore?

I do not understand why organizations cannot just come out and say we hired a guy that turned out to be a garbage human and we have fired him because we have been made aware. Attempting to cover it up lends credit to the claims they knew about other incidents. Did they really think Donatelli was such a good coach that it was worth damaging the image and reputation of the entire franchise to protect his name?

So stupid.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How dumb do you have to be to think that you can just sweep these things under the rug anymore?

I do not understand why organizations cannot just come out and say we hired a guy that turned out to be a garbage human and we have fired him because we have been made aware. Attempting to cover it up lends credit to the claims they knew about other incidents. Did they really think Donatelli was such a good coach that it was worth damaging the image and reputation of the entire franchise to protect his name?

So stupid.

because they’re more worried about lawsuits if they come out and admit they hired a piece of garbage...

Reactions: 57special

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
because they’re more worried about lawsuits if they come out and admit they hired a piece of garbage...

While you're right, it's terrible risk management. Now they have a lawsuit (I'm sure an even bigger one than they would have) and a PR nightmare and stain on their brand. That's not even taking into account the morality aspect of it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also, how stupid do you have to be to fire the guy you asked to shut up about his wife being assaulted by his former boss? They're not even competent enough to manage their cover up.

Yeah. I hate to say it but considering how carelessly they "handled" Skalde implies to me that these sorts of things were a rather regular occurrence with Donatelli.

Reactions: Aerrol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You have to wonder if ownership knew about this and upper management.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Who exactly is everyone though?

200.gif

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
You have to wonder if ownership knew about this and upper management.

The question would be did Guerin have the authority to fire him on his own? I highly doubt it. Unless he made up some other reason to get rid of him, which is highly unlikely, at the very least JR knew about it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I guess their bs self imposed internal cap was implemented to pay for any damages in the lawsuit.

:sarcasm:

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
The question would be did Guerin have the authority to fire him on his own? I highly doubt it. Unless he made up some other reason to get rid of him, which is highly unlikely, at the very least JR knew about it.

Guerin was GM of the baby squad. I’d assume he’d have the clearance. That being said it is convenient that everyone specifically mentioned in this story is already out of the organization. Wonder how much of that is damage control to provide some context. “We will confirm this story but these are the only names involved.”

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Guerin was GM of the baby squad. I’d assume he’d have the clearance. That being said it is convenient that everyone specifically mentioned in this story is already out of the organization. Wonder how much of that is damage control to provide some context. “We will confirm this story but these are the only names involved.”

I still don't think he would have the go ahead to can a head coach without consulting his boss. Considering WBS has to run the same/similar system as the NHL team, it's a pretty big organizational decision on who is coaching down there.

On another note, this is another big story about the team that came from outside the local media. But don't worry, they'll be there to remind us how unfair the fanbase was to Jack Johnson.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I still don't think he would have the go ahead to can a head coach without consulting his boss. Considering WBS has to run the same/similar system as the NHL team, it's a pretty big organizational decision on who is coaching down there.

On another note, this is another big story about the team that came from outside the local media. But don't worry, they'll be there to remind us how unfair the fanbase was to Jack Johnson.

The silver lining in this horrible story is that we can easily implicate Rutherford and make it easier to fire him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

On another note, this is another big story about the team that came from outside the local media. But don't worry, they'll be there to tell us how unfair the fanbase was to Jack Johnson.

Yeah the local media has always been... not so good. But they've really put the clown makeup on heavy lately.

Of course this particular story would have never been printed regardless. Would not be allowed. You wanna lose your access? Because that's how you lose your access. I don't think it's a coincidence that basically every story is a puff piece about McCann's new puppy or whatever.

Reactions: SomeDude

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah the local media has always been... not so good. But they've really put the clown makeup on heavy lately.

Of course this particular story would have never been printed regardless. Would not be allowed. You wanna lose your access? Because that's how you lose your access. I don't think it's a coincidence that basically every story is a puff piece about McCann's new puppy or whatever.

It’s bizarre how tight lipped the organization is besides JR spewing bullshit every other week to whoever will listen.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad