News Article: Penguins told AHL coach to "stay quiet" about wife's sexual assault, lawsuit says

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Because the Pittsburgh Penguins are not “a man”.

I’m not sure what the expectations are here, Guerin immediately calls 911 and reports rape upon someone telling him what happened to their wife six months prior?

There was nothing STOPPING him from doing that. Not like forwarding the report to the authorities is in and of itself illegal.

...and then immediately fowarding it to their own HR unit

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There was nothing STOPPING him from doing that. Not like forwarding the report to the authorities is in and of itself illegal.

...and then immediately fowarding it to their own HR unit

Aside from the fact it immediately makes the company compliant in sexual assault allegations whether or not they are true.

There was nothing stopping the husband of the wife who got sexual assaulted from reporting it to the police, but for some reason everyone else should step in and solve a problem that the couple themselves has still not brought to the authorities.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Aside from the fact it immediately makes the company compliant in sexual assault allegations whether or not they are true.

There was nothing stopping the husband of the wife who got sexual assaulted from reporting it to the police, but for some reason everyone else should step in and solve a problem that the couple themselves has still not brought to the authorities.

As a person in HR....what you are saying is an environment where people are encouraged NOT to report things then, eh?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
As a person in HR....what you are saying is an environment where people are encouraged NOT to report things then, eh?

Um. No. Just like when someone threatens someone at work, I’d tell them to immediately report it to the authorities and there isn’t a lot to do here.

I just don’t get what the Penguins are supposed to do here. They aren’t the local authorities.

They did what they were supposed to.. they investigated and immediately dealt with the allegations, but beyond that they aren’t a human being. No company is and this idea that company’s are socially responsible is just plausibility to get suckers to shop their brand.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Because the Pittsburgh Penguins are not “a man”.

I’m not sure what the expectations are here, Guerin immediately calls 911 and reports rape upon someone telling him what happened to their wife six months prior?

why are you tilting at windmills while building straw men.

1. i haven't said a single thing about what the “pittsburgh penguins” should do or not do.

2. I again never said what Bill Guerin should or shouldn’t do as i don't know any of the specifics.

3. All i have said is that IF you have a reason to believe that a serious crime has been committed, then GENERALLY as a person, one has a duty to report it. THERE ARE exceptions.

I HAVE NOT commented on where i believe this case falls as i DO NOT have enough information.

I seriously don't know whats so damn hard to comprehend.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
why are you tilting at windmills while building straw men.

1. i haven't said a single thing about what the “pittsburgh penguins” should do or not do.

2. I again never said what Bill Guerin should or shouldn’t do as i don't know any of the specifics.

3. All i have said is that IF you have a reason to believe that a serious crime has been committed, then GENERALLY as a person, one has a duty to report it. THERE ARE exceptions.

I HAVE NOT commented on where i believe this case falls as i DO NOT have enough information.

I seriously don't know whats so damn hard to comprehend.

So from your estimation Skalde had an obligation to go to the police after learning about the sexual assault of his wife, right?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I would have called the police and told them “you better find Donatelli before I do.”

I think this is an ignorant point of view as I do expecting other people to call the cops after being made aware of a situation.

I’ve had friends confide into me they have been sexually assaulted. I’ve had employees come to me and claim sexual harassment. In both incidents my first thought hasn’t been about what “I” should do. This situation isn’t about me and I can’t force someone to talk to the authorities so I have no idea why I should be the one making that decision.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
So from your estimation Skalde had an obligation to go to the police after learning about the sexual assault of his wife, right?

in my opinion he should have damn near killed the sob. If the story is correct.

BUT once again i do not have enough information on this specific case. I do not know the entire situation.

BUT generally, generally, GENERALLY, GENERALLY (so you dont miss this part again) yes the police should be the bare minimum. Generally.

now im going to repeat this so you actually understand it this time. I do not have enough information in this or any other SPECIFIC situation.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
in my opinion he should have damn near killed the sob. If the story is correct.

BUT once again i do not have enough information on this specific case. I do not know the entire situation.

BUT generally, generally, GENERALLY, GENERALLY (so you dont miss this part again) yes the police should be the bare minimum. Generally.

now im going to repeat this so you actually understand it this time. I do not have enough information in this or any other SPECIFIC situation.

I don’t think generally people should go reporting things to the police that those people themselves haven’t. I guess that is the big difference here.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I think this is an ignorant point of view as I do expecting other people to call the cops after being made aware of a situation.

I’ve had friends confide into me they have been sexually assaulted. I’ve had employees come to me and claim sexual harassment. In both incidents my first thought hasn’t been about what “I” should do. This situation isn’t about me and I can’t force someone to talk to the authorities so I have no idea why I should be the one making that decision.
I was saying that if it were my wife, Donatelli would have to eat his meals through a straw at the least.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oh god there’s a Main board thread about this?

I can only imagine the mouth breathing dipshits having their chance to trash this team.

A bunch of caps fans said “this would be my last straw with the Penguins if I was their fan” and I was like your team traded Dino Ciccarelli and Scott Stevens because they raped a 17 year old in a limo.

And tbh, I know this is ignorant of me to say, but it made me wonder if this situation wasn’t seen different from those involved given the history of hockey players and their habits of involving more than one party in certain situations...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A bunch of caps fans said “this would be my last straw with the Penguins if I was their fan” and I was like your team traded Dino Ciccarelli and Scott Stevens because they raped a 17 year old in a limo.

And tbh, I know this is ignorant of me to say, but it made me wonder if this situation wasn’t seen different from those involved given the history of hockey players and their habits of involving more than one party in certain situations...
I didn't know about the Dino and Stevens thing.

Gross.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I didn't know about the Dino and Stevens thing.

Gross.

And our homie of homies turned a blind eye (also, like five other players, the limo driver, the bartender....the police of course, too):

"Nick Kypreos, who plays left wing on the team, told investigators that he stepped into the limousine with a bucket of chicken but left when he saw the girl struggling with the players, the sources said. Kypreos has met with investigators and police investigating the incident."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...truggle/6f73d4e0-9788-4437-947e-b41563265112/

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And our homie of homies turned a blind eye (also, like five other players, the limo driver, the bartender....the police of course, too):

"Nick Kypreos, who plays left wing on the team, told investigators that he stepped into the limousine with a bucket of chicken but left when he saw the girl struggling with the players, the sources said. Kypreos has met with investigators and police investigating the incident."
Wow....wtf.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Wow....wtf.

Guess the 17yr old had been dating another player. It is/was possible the age of consent in DC is 16?

As is typical in all of these situations, especially the early 90s:
"The players either denied the girl's accusations or kept silent, and the matter was brought before a grand jury. Sources close to the investigation said the grand jury decision hinged on the girl's credibility. The sources said that law enforcement authorities were certain that there had been sexual activity in the limousine, but that the grand jury did not believe that the girl was forced to have sex with the players."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...-attack/cb8bf32b-4afd-491f-983b-3123e6a8e495/

Was lying about age and was suspended from her other bar job, apparently, after this event.

I mean...not saying the girl didnt party, but, if she wasnt asking for THAT kind of party it isnt okay...

I dislike Kypreos anyway, so...now I can justify it a bit more. At any other time, I would think being drunk with a bucket of chicken would be hilarious, though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad