Status
Not open for further replies.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
+++Kari Lehtonen
+Glass, Crosby, Pyatt, Nisky, Neal
+/-Maatta (minus the penalty), Megna (one bad give away on defense), Kunitz

-pretty much everything else
-Kobasew killing pretty much every possession in the offensive zone in the first period or so

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Outskated, outcompeted, outsmarted, outplayed. We were a slow, weak, sloppy, uninspired mess tonight...top-to-bottom.

The team played the same brand of lackadaisical hockey that's plagued them since the return of the regulars. Not sure how this train gets back on track, but they better figure it out shortly. Tough to watch.

Glass gets the only plus for being the only player who looked like he gave a ****.

How about "outcoached"?

Maybe Shero should go hire a guy who's job it is to get the train back on the tracks?

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Can anyone explain to me the fear of putting a skilled guy with sid? He looked his best with megna yet it only gets tried for a shift or 2 yet some scrub like kobasew stays there most of the game...:help:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't think I'm going to read much of this thread.

There's a lot of bad things to say, but there will be a lot more said than there needs to be in here.

Terrible game, possibly the worst of the season. Oh well.

Not the worst, but bad game yes. I'd say the 2 Florida games that we got owned on were worse, but everyone says after every loss it's the worst game or one of.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
+ the Pens. Really great effort unfortunately they got the stars best game. It really could have gone either way. Blysma proved his astute hockey mind by getting glass some shifts with 87, tanner tried real hard. Go pens.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Can anyone explain to me the fear of putting a skilled guy with sid? He looked his best with megna yet it only gets tried for a shift or 2 yet some scrub like kobasew stays there most of the game...:help:

Kobasew? A scrub? I'll have you know he brings a strong veteran presence to both the line and the locker room. Those kinds of players are invaluable.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Outskated, outcompeted, outsmarted, outplayed. We were a slow, weak, sloppy, uninspired mess tonight...top-to-bottom.

The team played the same brand of lackadaisical hockey that's plagued them since the return of the regulars. Not sure how this train gets back on track, but they better figure it out shortly. Tough to watch.

Glass gets the only plus for being the only player who looked like he gave a ****.

fire all of the players.

Exactly . . . :laugh:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Now we're starting to learn why Dupuis is always with Sid. It's not because Dan feels it's the best fit, it's because he just literally refuses to put ANY sort of skill on Sid's RW.

No wonder Shero hasn't tried to get Sid his Neal since Hossa.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Glass was very physical. That's about the only good thing I saw from our side.

This is why I'm fine with Glass as a fourth liner, as long as Adams wasn't on the other flank. For as bad as he is offensively, this isn't the first time the team has played like crap and he's the only one bringing it.

I also actually saw Nisky make a few physical plays, which was surprising. More than once during some meetings in front of the net he was the only one who knocked people out of Fleury's face.

Other than all the other negatives that will be on here, I'm really getting frustrated with Sutter. I knew he wouldn't be able to completely replace Staal, but he's starting to play with some better players now that people are getting healthy, and he's still invisible over half the game. It's like he only plays well when the team plays well. I've never felt about him how I feel about Glass tonight, ie the team was bad but he played well.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
if i were the coach, i'd say something to the effect of "You should all be embarrassed. There's nothing tough about this team and you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Glass, you get our game puck. Savor that flavor for a while. Good ****ing night, everyone. Bag skate tomorrow at 6 am."

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
fire all of the players.

Firing the coach is a better idea. We'd never have to see another crummy old vet play over a good young player, and we'd certainly fare better in the playoffs with any of his potential available replacements.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Only + player I saw was Glass. They even kept him on Sid's line and I was like, whatever, he's actually trying.

Our powerplay was horrendous. We were lucky just to get it into their zone it seemed.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Just some bad bounces and a hot goalie.

Can't go 82-0.

The way the Stars played against us reminded me of how the Bruins played against us in the playoffs and how I expect whoever knocks the Pens out this year to play against us (unless we go the total choke job route again) . . .

Sid lacks a winger who can create/exploit a little space, so he gets collapsed upon. Geno lacks a puck retriever, so he sees dumping it as 'wasting' a possession because nobody will get it when he does.

I know there are other holes and issues with this team, both in terms of personnel, personnel mix, and coaching, but I've always thought when Sid and Geno are going, anything is possible. They're being set up to fail, yet again, and all I can think is the rest really doesn't matter when your GM and your coach mitigate the one advantage that ALWAYS should be exploited.

Oh well, I blame Despres for all of it.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

I was always 'meh' on the whole thing with the young guys not getting a chance. I think a lot of people here have a weird obsession with our young guys, but the one that really tipped the scales for me was Megna. They brought him up originally, he scored 2 goals in 3 games I think, then he was sent down. Kind of a roundabout way to say I agree with you, but you know what I mean.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Kunitz really needs to know his limits. Sometimes he tries drop passes and passes through multiple defenders. His game has to be simple, that drop pass at the blueline isn't anywhere near a high enough % play for him to try.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Firing the coach is a better idea. We'd never have to see another crummy old vet play over a good young player, and we'd certainly fare better in the playoffs with any of his potential available replacements.

The odds of Orpik and/or Adams being a healthy scratch would be no worse. ;)

BTW, there is a third option . . . to WASH, to RINSE, to REPEAT, to do it again and again THE SHERO WAY.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Shots only 24-28

The game should have actually been closer than it was

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
The way the Stars played against us reminded me of how the Bruins played against us in the playoffs and how I expect whoever knocks the Pens out this year to play against us (unless we go the total choke job route again) . . .

Sid lacks a winger who can create/exploit a little space, so he gets collapsed upon. Geno lacks a puck retriever, so he sees dumping it as 'wasting' a possession because nobody will get it when he does.

I know there are other holes and issues with this team, both in terms of personnel, personnel mix, and coaching, but I've always thought when Sid and Geno are going, anything is possible. They're being set up to fail, yet again, and all I can think is the rest really doesn't matter when your GM and your coach mitigate the one advantage that ALWAYS should be exploited.

Oh well, I blame Despres for all of it.
Come on, those two just need to play better. They are so good they don't need to be put in a position to succeed, that's crazy talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad