Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Tanev for way too long and way too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Better hope he somehow finds his way and clicks in the top 6. That’s stupid money. Stupid stupid money. I was cool with the years at like 2 million.

Oh well. Not my money.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Unless Penguins buy out Johnson or trade Rust/Bjugstad, they are in serious danger of losing one or both of Petterssen and Blueger to offer sheets.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Absolutely ridiculous, clownish, reckless moronic decision. After JUST signing a disaster contract out of FA last Summer (that is still occupying a roster spot as I type this).

Tanev is a nice depth player who put up ONE good year. I don't even understand where their brains are on this one. This guy will be shoehorned into the top six almost every night, won't he?

Reactions: generalshepherd141

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
Ugh, instead of signing someone like Donskoi for shorter term and more offensive upside or a D like Benn for 2x2, we get this.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Has to mean JJ is gone(probably trading Simon or ZAR...Jarry to get it done).

This is who they wanted and looks like they had to overpay. Like I usually expect...theres not alot of FAs that choose to come here over other teams

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
We didn't even get a f***ing discount for the term! He didn't deserve 3.5 million for 3 years and apparently we're banking on him improving as a 30 year old?

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Absolutely ridiculous, clownish, reckless moronic decision. After JUST signing a disaster contract out of FA last Summer (that is still occupying a roster spot as I type this).

Tanev is a nice depth player who put up ONE good year. I don't even understand where their brains are on this one. This guy will be shoehorned into the top six almost every night, won't he?

Of course he will, he's the NEW CHRIS KUNITZ!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarc obviously

Reactions: farscape1

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
$3.5 mil is just about the average salary currently. On a 2 or 3 year deal it's still questionable. Just a lot of money.

Obligatory "they must really like him" comment. Hope they're right. He'll need to be noticeable 3rd line presence for this to be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad