Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sergei Plotnikov (1 year, $925k)

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
So one year of JR and we go from:

Kunitz /Dupuis
Jokinen / Neal

to

Perron / Kessel
Plotnikov / PH

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty solid work. I think it says more about Shero than JR, but oh well.

You just know that Shero and DB talked about how dumb JR is today.

"Sign a 25 year old Russian?"
"Draft all Euros?"
"Trade Harrington for a winger?"

What a ****ing moron!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
As far as i know, he can play both wings and he PK's. Was part of Russia's rotation. Geno was too.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He played the net front spot on Russia's PP at the last two WCs. He probably won't do that here a whole lot with Hornqvist and even Kunitz, but that's the kind of player he is.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Every time I see Russian text and hear bad techno music on youtube I expect to see grainy dashcam video of car accidents.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I was hoping we could land Tikhonov too. I hope this guy works out. The hockey Gods know we need a steal with how many picks we've dealt away.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I was hoping we could land Tikhonov too. I hope this guy works out. The hockey Gods know we need a steal with how many picks we've dealt away.

Mmm... I think we got a major steal today. How much did Tik sign for anyway? A couple of people here said like 2+M due to his status.

Glad we got Plot for probably a lot less.

Also, **** the Hawks for selling Saad $hort (was it to push him away from us?).

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
why are these guys coming over from the KHL now and taking less then 1mil? surely they get paid more in the KHL?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I think he was our Plan A for a fourth line center, keeping in line with that whole four lines that can do something with the puck thing we've been hearing.

But with Richards and Vermette leaving today, probably more opportunities up and down the Chicago lineup. And I guess, that whole silly Stanley Cup business.

I think that's fine by me, though. Don't know that I was that keen on Tikhonov at any point.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

I agree. I like everything about that video. A couple yawning nets but in general signs of a great wrist shot and a definite edge to his game. Hopefully it translates. I see him as a good replacement for Kunitz potentially. Aggressive after the puck, can pot some goals, will mix it up when guys are taking liberties.

I like it.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think he was our Plan A for a fourth line center, keeping in line with that whole four lines that can do something with the puck thing we've been hearing.

But with Richards and Vermette leaving today, probably more opportunities up and down the Chicago lineup. And I guess, that whole silly Stanley Cup business.

He's close with Panarin and supposedly wanted to play on the same team as him.

No big loss in my eyes, I wasn't super high on getting him, although I wouldn't have minded if they did.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
why are these guys coming over from the KHL now and taking less then 1mil? surely they get paid more in the KHL?

Plotnikov and Panarin are on ELCs.

Mmm... I think we got a major steal today. How much did Tik sign for anyway? A couple of people here said like 2+M due to his status.

Glad we got Plot for probably a lot less.

Also, **** the Hawks for selling Saad $hort (was it to push him away from us?).

He signed with the Hawks for 1.04m

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait, so we could possibly see this:

Plotnikov, Crosby, Hornqvist
Perron, Malkin, Kessel

or

Perron, Crosby, Kessel
Plotnikov, Malkin, Hornqvist

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Keep Perron away from Kessel. If Sergei is a top 6er, the winger combos have to be Perron-Hornqvist and Plotnikov-Kessel. Perron-Kessel combo is asking for trouble in the D-zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad