Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Sergei Plotnikov (1 year, $925k)

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
that's a good point. geno has looked relatively better at times with some shall we say idiosyncratic linemates?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Kunitz may have stunk it up last year but when he was on the 3rd line he looked really strong.

The bonus is that he might have to do less with the massive upgrade in wingers this off season. It might mean he is more potent that way, mostly I am just trying to bull **** myself.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
bull****ting yourself is fine. we've been pens fans long enough to bull**** ourselves every year that our wingers would .... be ok :D

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I like what a Plot-Malkin-Kessel line might look like. Didn't want Plotnikov in the top 6 at first but after the trade I think he would work well with them.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like what a Plot-Malkin-Kessel line might look like. Didn't want Plotnikov in the top 6 at first but after the trade I think he would work well with them.

Yeah. Good size. Goes to the net. Can cycle the puck. Not an idiot defensively. Other than speed he brings what that line needs.

CommonForte

Jul 10, 2009
anyone know what his deal is worth? Our cap space? What do you guys think he is capable of?

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Nice to see the Russian reports were right. Some cheap ELC forward depth ready to produce immediately is just what this team needed.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I don't know how his game will translate to the NHL, having only seen him in the KHL, but he's got some legit skills and a mean streak.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004

If that's the line he's on, he will have picked the right NHL team for sure.

And agree, makes sense if he has a strong board game and is responsible to try him there. GMJR pretty much said they think he can be a top 6 wing, would have to think he's referring to Malkin's line.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't know how his game will translate to the NHL, having only seen him in the KHL, but he's got some legit skills and a mean streak.

I'm hoping his transition is a smooth one based on him already playing a "North American style" game. Hopefully the smaller ice helps mask his skating issues too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad