Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Nathan Legare to an ELC

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Don't Sprong him this time, JR. There's literally no reason to keep him up in the NHL to start this year. Literally not a shred of a need to make that decision.

I’d rather they sent him back sooner than later (Poulin too). Maybe play them B2B this weekend and then re-assign.

Helps them to get back into the swing of things in the Q instead of having to play catch-up.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Don't Sprong him this time, JR. There's literally no reason to keep him up in the NHL to start this year. Literally not a shred of a need to make that decision.

Especially if there's almost zero chance Sullivan actually uses him in an offensive role this season. Burning off a year of his ELC already just to see him either play 7 minutes a night on the 4th line or be a healthy scratch most of time would be stupid.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

That said, a 9 game trial wouldn't Sprong him (not sure if that was implied). The biggest problem with Sprong was keeping him past the 9 game trial and prematurely starting the clock on his waiver eligibility.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Spronging him would be screwing up his waiver eligibility. Other than that, yep. He has his skating to work on, they’ve got forward depth and their cap space problem.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That said, a 9 game trial wouldn't Sprong him (not sure if that was implied). The biggest problem with Sprong was keeping him past the 9 game trial and prematurely starting the clock on his waiver eligibility.

I'd much rather not gamble on JR doing something stupid, especially when there's no benefit of Legare even staying up for a 9 game trial.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d rather they sent him back sooner than later (Poulin too). Maybe play them B2B this weekend and then re-assign.

Helps them to get back into the swing of things in the Q instead of having to play catch-up.
Agree with this. We have so few prospects that we can't afford to f*** them up.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't see any harm in giving him 9 games but I would be equally ok with just sending him back after camp.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't see any harm in giving him 9 games but I would be equally ok with just sending him back after camp.

There's no "harm" but he's also going to be sitting in the pressbox for all 9 of those games. What's exactly the benefit to keep him up? The Penguins are already scratching Simon or ZAR when everyone is healthy.

Reactions: MrBurghundy

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Agreed it would be best to send him down.

Why even keep him up for 9 games when he is just gonna be a healthy scratch or be given 4th line grinder mins.

Let him go back with the confidence that he did well in the preseason and let him continue to develop with said confidence.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've really loved what I've seen from him so far but just send him back. Too many options already and Sullivan won't play him, anyway.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
reminds me of that one Red Wing prospect. he'll light up all the leagues with goals but be nothing good at the NHL level.

forget his name. but his shot was amazing. awful everywhere else though.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
reminds me of that one Red Wing prospect. he'll light up all the leagues with goals but be nothing good at the NHL level.

forget his name. but his shot was amazing. awful everywhere else though.

Frk. Yeah there’s some similarities but I’m gonna give Legare benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad