WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'll post any yt's i can find.
Assist and OT winner near the end of the video:

Rush and goal at the end of the video:

PP One timer goal:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
With us gift wrapping draft picks to others we must succeed in this capacity. I like this signing. It cost us zero assets and he's gonna be a lot further along in his development than a guy for example in this years draft class. Don't know where he'll top out but again free stuff. And I know most of you LIKE IT LIKE THAT! Cheers mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hopefully we can add a quality, mobile and talented defensemen as well.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pronman's take on the guy:

"Just two seasons ago, O’Connor was playing in the NCDC for the Boston Jr. Bruins, and now he looks on track to get an NHL contract. O’Connor is a 6-foot-3 forward with good hands and a quality skating stride. He competes well and projects to have some two-way value as a pro. I wouldn’t call him a true playmaker, but he’s got some offense in his game because of his hands and scoring ability. He makes the odd crafty play, but he’s more of a goal scorer and has been one of the top shot generators in the NCAA. While he skates well, I wish he would play a little faster at times."

Pretty nice to snare one of the top college UFAs.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
NHL trends change from time to time...every 2-3 years I would say. If you look where the league is trending, this is a good signing for us. Hawks overloaded with skill in 10, 13, 15. LA brought size and physicality in 12, 14. We took the league by storm with 4 lines of pure speed in 16, 17. In 18, 19 is trended towards a mashup of all three. Now, you need be able to role 4 offensive lines, you need speed, you need skill, and you need to have a physical component.

If you look at who we have that will be here the next 5 years, we are trending well.

Sid and Geno will be still be 1/2C but old.

Jake, Zucker, Rust will be top 6 wings.

McCann, ZAR, Tanev, and Bleuger will make up the most of your bottom 6.

Then you have Poulin, Legare, Hallander, and now O'Conner who I will dub OC. In addition to that, you have the other less likelys that can still make it like Almedia, Olund, Bellerive, Simon, etc.

Point being, we are getting a nice mix of size, speed, and skill to go along with the current roster.

Zucker-Sid-Poulin
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust
Legare-McCann-Tanev
ZAR-Bleuger-OC

Who knows. I do know that with the current streak we are on, it's at least fun to still think about the future.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Wait he went from 5’8 to 6’3 and 200 lbs in 3 years? This sounds like the plot of a Disney movie
It’s like Anthony Davis from the Lakers reportedly growing from 6’2” -6’10” from Sophomore year to Senior year in high school.

Dude also must not be from this planet.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This goes without saying, but it's good to be adding to the prospect pool like this when we barely have any draft picks.

At the very least this helps make up for not having a 2nd rounder (and is older/more developed than anyone we'd be drafting).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad