News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m pretty sure Burke doesn’t do shit here except frown and give stern rebukes.
He makes appearances on Podcasts too.

Judging from the off season moves, or lack thereof, he had nothing to do with roster construction.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He did an interview a couple months ago where he said his entire job was to do team all the team functions/dinners/events so Hextall didn't have to bother with that and could focus on the GMing entirely. :laugh:
Hextall needs to focus on doing nothing.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Is he significantly worse than the majority of #2 goalies at his price point?

We went forward with a cheap backup and that's exactly what he is.
Of the goalies that played in at least 3 games, only Hutton and Driedger have worse stats, and they play for borderline AHL teams.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think we hired a really patient GM, I think he will let this roster figure it out before any moves are made

I think your bigger issue is the hand he was dealt. Bad mix of players. No cap flexibility. Futures cupboard bare. I suppose another GM might have tried to throw more shit at the wall by now, but it's a GM throwing shit against the wall for a few years that took a good situation and made it bad and then made it worse. I think the movement happens this as we get closer to the deadline and over the summer (even beyond the Geno and Letang contracts).

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It’ll be interesting to see if the new owners have a different strategy than simply treading water, which our current front office and ownership has done for 3 years.

I can’t imagine the new guys will like paying Burke to make podcast appearances or paying Hextall to hang out. At some point, the training wheels need to come off for sleepy and he will need to do more than play musical chairs in the bottom six.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I grew up in a really rough part of the city, but even I was on full out street sense when I was up there.

The Hill could be terrifying if you didn’t know what you were doing and I always had my colors right out of respect (didn’t want to be mistaken for a Baby Blue).

I had a buddy almost shit his pants when I was up there once and he refused to get out of the car.

He locked the door and I was tapping on the window and telling him he’d be ok… he just kept shaking his head and telling me no f***ing way.

Still kind of funny, but he was a ‘burb kid and wasn’t used to that kind of environment. I told him where we were going and he thought he wouldn’t be afraid, but I guess that changes when you actually see it in person.

Not sure how much the Hill has changed since my younger days, but it would be nice to see it revitalized to what it once was generations ago.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I grew up in a really rough part of the city, but even I was on full out street sense when I was up there.

The Hill could be terrifying if you didn’t know what you were doing and I always had my colors right out of respect (didn’t want to be mistaken for a Baby Blue).

I had a buddy almost shit his pants when I was up there once and he refused to get out of the car.

He locked the door and I was tapping on the window and telling him he’d be ok… he just kept shaking his head and telling me no f***ing way.

Still kind of funny, but he was a ‘burb kid and wasn’t used to that kind of environment. I told him where we were going and he thought he wouldn’t be afraid, but I guess that changes when you actually see it in person.

Not sure how much the Hill has changed since my younger days, but it would be nice to see it revitalized to what it once was generations ago.

Perry/Fineview, right?

But yes, hopefully the "cap" that reconnects downtown to the Lower Hill boosts revitalization.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I won't believe the price until it's official. Seen all kinds of different reports, and the range has been pretty wide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad