News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Mario Lemieux mad over messed-up Penguins sale
These guys say 40% for Mario and 25% for Burkle. Who knows how accurate that is. Now, Burkle was the money guy in that he actually had liquid assets to pour into the franchise, and all Mario could do was own the thing. But Mario just secured himself nine-figure wealth from a $25 million gamble 25 years ago. Not bad.

indeed. Lemieux’s ownership stake is tied to equity he had built in. Burkle was brought in to be the money heavy guy

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Your going to hate the new ownership. They stick their nose in everything. Nobody likes Werner. He ruined the Red Sox broadcast crew. They don’t send a crew with the teams they own. They cut back on every and yet had money to buy your team. They don’t send out. Crew for the Bruins either. They cut everywhere at NESN. Look at what they tried to do in England with Liverpool. Their fans over there hate them.
They did win though. You will have to judge for yourselves.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Your going to hate the new ownership. They stick their nose in everything. Nobody likes Werner. He ruined the Red Sox broadcast crew. They don’t send a crew with the teams they own. They cut back on every and yet had money to buy your team. They don’t send out. Crew for the Bruins either. They cut everywhere at NESN. Look at what they tried to do in England with Liverpool. Their fans over there hate them.

Hey guys! Another, "Look at me I'm from Boston."

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Extra Texture

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Our broadcasters suck - I’m okay with this since you can’t really ruin them. I doubt they could find a worse front office than what is currently in place as well.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Who tf cares about stuff like that? Like seriously.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

Pens don't own ATT Sports if that is what you are talking about.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Zero understanding of the history of the Pens and who owns what.

I don't even think he has understanding of his own teams either lol. From what I read, the Jacobs own 80% of NESN and I think FSG is the other 20%. I don't pretend to know how that works but whatever the hell he's spewing about this sounds more about Jacobs. There is no other link between the two other than NESN.

And there won't be a NESN in Pittsburgh so..

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Maybe they can get rid of Mears. Win-win? he puts us all to sleep.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh

It is not possible to ruin the Penguins' pair of broadcast crews, so the Fenway Boys can go ahead and take their best shot.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
It is not possible to ruin the Penguins' pair of broadcast crews, so the Fenway Boys can go ahead and take their best shot.

I couldn't watch last Friday's game so I tuned into the radio feed. Not great but better than what's on TV.

Reactions: Al Smith

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Dur..I had it backwards. FSG owns 80% of NESN. Jacobs owns 20%.

Still I don't think the Pens are changing to NESN.

Edit: Did a Google search and Nothing claimed they cut cost at NESN. The only thing I did find was they cut 10% of their (Red Sox) staff in 2020. Claimed because of Covid, Not because of being cheap.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad