Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread XVI: Marching to the TDL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think we need to get him the Tocchet Lock-it. (Patent pending.)

9293opc-ricktocchet.jpg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is why having crazy Center depth is vital for this team. At least one of them's always gonna be out.

Hextall prepared for this by acquiring and keeping Carter.
Now we can absorb this loss.

It's great that ERod has dramatically improved as a center too.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I saw a lot of Wild fans on the trade board saying that Jordan Greenway was a likely “change of scenery” candidate. Obviously it depends on the price but that’s one I would love to see us enquire about, and might be good cover in a situation where ERod walks or Kap becomes a trade chip. BU connection so Sully would probably love him too. Maybe they need defensive help…

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Where is McGinn going if not on the 4th line?

I mean, I get that his contract is shorter than Tanev's, but it's not like he's being underutilized in his current role. And this is from someone who really likes him!

He has done absolutely f***ing nothing to usurp Heinen's slot next to Geno. Nothing. Or ERod for that matter. ZAR, Simon, Big Z, sure. Anyone else, no. He's not the reincarnation of Malone.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I saw a lot of Wild fans on the trade board saying that Jordan Greenway was a likely “change of scenery” candidate. Obviously it depends on the price but that’s one I would love to see us enquire about, and might be good cover in a situation where ERod walks or Kap becomes a trade chip. Maybe they need defensive help…

I'd love to work something out there. I think he is what we hope Zohorna will be.

Not sure what the ask would be though...?

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

I mean, I get that his contract is shorter than Tanev's, but it's not like he's being underutilized in his current role. And this is from someone who really likes him!

He has done absolutely f***ing nothing to usurp Heinen's slot next to Geno. Nothing. Or ERod for that matter. ZAR, Simon, Big Z, sure. Anyone else, no. He's not the reincarnation of Malone.

What are you talking about? He is definitely been better than Heinen. He has 4 points less (2 pts evs) despite 74% dzone starts. He has been better than Heinen on the forecheck as well.

This has nothing to do with contract. He has flat out played better than Heinen. He has more evs goals as well. He is better than 4th line icetime.

Heck him and Heinen have both been better than Erod in the last 8.

Reactions: Peat and Andy99

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I saw a lot of Wild fans on the trade board saying that Jordan Greenway was a likely “change of scenery” candidate. Obviously it depends on the price but that’s one I would love to see us enquire about, and might be good cover in a situation where ERod walks or Kap becomes a trade chip. BU connection so Sully would probably love him too. Maybe they need defensive help…

Yeah, I saw that. Although they mostly seem to be stressed it would be off-season and not now... and also part of shedding cap, so probably wouldn't want guys back. But interesting, even if their report on him isn't promising.

What have Heinen and ERod done to keep it lately? McGinn offers a more hard-nosed defensive presence to open up space for Geno and allow him to freelance more than either of them, and neither have looked outstanding with him.

Although more pertinently, you could have him in the top 9 at Simon's expense while the 4th line is Zohorna-Boyle-Simon.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Holy f***, I just got hit with the most outrageous thread ban I have ever experienced for responding to a mod on the main boards trying to argue Dillon didn’t jump upwards into the hit on Blueger. Zero accountability.

Anyhow, here’s the frame-by-frame I was about to post (if anyone wishes to, copy them into the main boards thread). There should be a suspension for this play IMO.

upload_2022-1-24_17-30-51.jpeg

upload_2022-1-24_17-31-7.jpeg

upload_2022-1-24_17-31-19.jpeg

upload_2022-1-24_17-31-43.jpeg

upload_2022-1-24_17-31-58.jpeg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What are you talking about? He is definitely been better than Heinen. He has 4 points less (2 pts evs) despite 74% dzone starts. He has been better than Heinen on the forecheck as well.

This has nothing to do with contract. He has flat out played better than Heinen. He has more evs goals as well. He is better than 4th line icetime.

Heck him and Heinen have both been better than Erod in the last 8.

See, I just don't agree. I'm not putting McGinn over Heinen while he's healthy.

What have Heinen and ERod done to keep it lately? McGinn offers a more hard-nosed defensive presence to open up space for Geno and allow him to freelance more than either of them, and neither have looked outstanding with him.

Although more pertinently, you could have him in the top 9 at Simon's expense while the 4th line is Zohorna-Boyle-Simon.

Yeah, I'm not going to make any arguments on ERod vs McGinn. ERod has won that argument even in a "what have you done for me lately" POV. ERod's earned the nod 11 times out of 10 and 10 times on Sunday over McGinn.

But this isn't to say that McGinn is playing bad. I would say he's a great 4th line player and a quality 3rd line player. I wouldn't mind seeing McGinn-Carter-ERod. Zero issues with that and it would make me happy. But this "put him next to Geno over Heinen or ERod" stuff...lol, no.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
See, I just don't agree. I'm not putting McGinn over Heinen while he's healthy.

Yeah, I'm not going to make any arguments on ERod vs McGinn. ERod has won that argument even in a "what have you done for me lately" POV. ERod's earned the nod 11 times out of 10 and 10 times on Sunday over McGinn.

But this isn't to say that McGinn is playing bad. I would say he's a great 4th line player and a quality 3rd line player. I wouldn't mind seeing McGinn-Carter-ERod. Zero issues with that and it would make me happy. But this "put him next to Geno over Heinen or ERod" stuff...lol, no.

What has Heinen done except disappear and miss like 5 wide open nets in the past 3 games?

Reactions: Pens x

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

What has ERod ever done for us as a top six winger? McGinn was better on Carolina's first line last season than ERod's ever been on ours.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
People complain about Jarry dropping bad goals, and fair play to that, but let's not forget that most of the series were also one-goal games (2 of which went to OT) and our top line didn't do anything to move the needle. We score 4 more goals over 6 games and we're looking at a much different series.
Sure, but by that same token, if two fewer goals (in regulation) were allowed, we'd have also won the series.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Just saw the news about Teddy. What a loser organization Winnipeg is. It’s a shame we have no other games against them this year.

Heinen and Malkin have looked great together so far imo, and Heinen-Malkin-Kap shouldn’t be broken up until they completely fall off. Heinen seems like a very high IQ player in the same sense that Simon is. He also seems keen on finding soft spots in the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad