GDT: Penguins @ Red Wings, 7:30 PM ET (preseason Game 1)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
is that really the case in this game specifically though?

Witkowski is Witkowski,Terry/Campbell/Megan/Ford are late 20s-early 30s AHL lifer types
Probably not, now that I've taken a second look at the lineup. I know a couple regulars are dinged up, but now I wonder about the opposite direction...why are they throwing that many "warm bodies" into a preseason game?

In the grand scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter. But I was hoping to see as many of the higher prospects get as much time in preseason as possible.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Hockey's back!

Pre-season should be pretty interesting this year also since there'll be some competition for a few spots.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
excited to see veleno, rasmussen, and cholowski. ill be watching.
Veleno and Cholowski for me. Rasmussen, even if he's everything he's hyped to be, is just not an exciting player. A meat and potatoes guy who parks in front of the net and wins board battles.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Veleno and Cholowski for me. Rasmussen, even if he's everything he's hyped to be, is just not an exciting player. A meat and potatoes guy who parks in front of the net and wins board battles.

Hopefully Ras draws your attention even if you've decided not to single him out. I'm excited to see him against NHLers; he didn't wow me in Traverse City this year, but I found his pre-season games last year to be impressive. He held onto and protected the puck better than anyone but Zetterberg :(.
Will be great to get a better look at Veleno, I missed his 3-point game at TC, unfortunately.
Cholowski is the guy I am most excited about - he seemed calm, poised and confident in TC, he was the guy I wanted to have the puck because I felt that good things happened when he did.

About an hour and a half before puck drop.
:towel:LET'S GO REDWINGS!:towel:

Reactions: Larkin1578

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Is it I interesting at all the veleno is centering Ras?

Is Ras just not playing center because he's more likely to make the team and start off on the wing?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
According to Khan, Zadina and Vanek have mild groin strains but are expected to play against Chicago on Thursday .

And in an unrelated note, every time I see the game will be played at LCA my initial thought is "where the hell is that?"

haha

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
do you guys think there is even an outside chance veleno could make the team this year with an outstanding camp/preseason?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
do you guys think there is even an outside chance veleno could make the team this year with an outstanding camp/preseason?
The only way I could see it is if he blows them away and Zadina spends some time in GR.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The only way I could see it is if he blows them away and Zadina spends some time in GR.

Not the plan, but we would need to see where injuries go and hey if he goes three points a game he probably gets the nine game audition as well... I think Veleno going back isn't a bad idea long-term. I think he can use this month to really drive at perhaps being the best player in the Q next year.

He is a very mature player, with plus physical tools so he could change their minds.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is it I interesting at all the veleno is centering Ras?

Is Ras just not playing center because he's more likely to make the team and start off on the wing?

Ras is going to start on the wing.

Heck if we wind up with a center in the coming draft he likely stays out wide. He gives you center flexibility and could be a massive matchup player. But I think he is the most likely guy to shift out the wing if we wind up with four good young centers Larkin, Rasmussen, Veleno and X... The reasoning for me is that he becomes the best weapon as a winger out of that group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad