Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Recall Forward Jayson Megna (recalled 11/22)

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I've always wanted Megna to earn his shot via producing in the minors. After a cold start he's racked up 7 goals in 9 games this month, and we need a winger so now should be a good time.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Wherever Megna plays, I want him with Bennett, since they seemed to look good together in WBS. I know that the NHL is a different beast, but if they already have some chemistry, they should try to take advantage of it.

The question is WHENEVER not wherever!!!

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Taking Sill out to play Megna fourth-line minutes would be dumb. This team is nowhere near big, strong, gritty or tough enough already. Taking Sill out merely adds to the problem.

Besides, Sill should not be sitting before Adams. The latter has started to look like last year's version lately.

We're starting to head down the same path as last year (and the year before that, and the year...).

Sidenote: sorry for the erroneous information about Wilson and Archibald yesterday. I have no idea what that was all about, but clearly I was wrong.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Taking Sill out to play Megna fourth-line minutes would be dumb. This team is nowhere near big, strong, gritty or tough enough already. Taking Sill out merely adds to the problem.

Besides, Sill should not be sitting before Adams. The latter has started to look like last year's version lately.

We're starting to head down the same path as last year (and the year before that, and the year...).

I'm glad you said that, since I was about to say the same. No one is saying Sill is a great hockey player, but man, do we need some toughness & physicality. It will be nice when we have both Borts and Despres in the same line up, but we need Sill on our 4th line right now.

As much hate as there is for Adams, and I share in that, what he's done re. his ironman streak is very impressive and I believe he shouldn't be scratched until that streak breaks. Once it does, he shouldn't see the line up again. Or better yet, trade him to a team who wants an experienced 4th liner. But going forward longer term, Sill as a 4th liner on this team is part of the solution, and not part of the problem.

Our 4th line shouldn't be required to score. They should be there to generate momentum, provide toughness & physicality. But right now, we're so thin in the top 9, we're talking about putting skilled guys on our 4th line to try to generate more offense. Instead, we need to find solutions to our top 9 and keep our 4th line tough.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I'm glad you said that, since I was about to say the same. No one is saying Sill is a great hockey player, but man, do we need some toughness & physicality. It will be nice when we have both Borts and Despres in the same line up, but we need Sill on our 4th line right now.

As much hate as there is for Adams, and I share in that, what he's done re. his ironman streak is very impressive and I believe he shouldn't be scratched until that streak breaks. Once it does, he shouldn't see the line up again. Or better yet, trade him to a team who wants an experienced 4th liner. But going forward longer term, Sill as a 4th liner on this team is part of the solution, and not part of the problem.

Our 4th line shouldn't be required to score. They should be there to generate momentum, provide toughness & physicality. But right now, we're so thin in the top 9, we're talking about putting skilled guys on our 4th line to try to generate more offense. Instead, we need to find solutions to our top 9 and keep our 4th line tough.

I agree completely. Sill at least does a couple things well, hitting and fighting. I would have liked to seen more of what we saw in the 1st game of the season, taking guys to task who take liberties, but his presence probably helps in that regard. If he sits all we have is Bort, and he's a below average, if willing, fighter.

The best thing for this team is for JR to just trade Adams after his streak is over and use one of the kids for our 13th forward. If we do pick up a winger, we'll be sliding Sill down to the 13th forward in the post season anyways.

SaturdayNightSlegr

Jan 2, 2009
Pittsburgh suburbs
This call-up isn't for the 4th line, he's on fire in the minors. Megna will get looks in the top 6 as a stop gap for Duper now that there is cap space. Best to know what they have in-organization before making a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad