Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Recall Forward Jayson Megna (recalled 11/22)

penguins2946*

Trade incoming!!!!1!!!1!!

I do wonder why he's been recalled though, I didn't think anyone got hurt.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If to recall someone.. why not Dea/Rust/Ebbett ? Megna is just an average AHLer at this point, showing absolutely nothing from what I´ve seen/read in WBS this season.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
If to recall someone.. why not Dea/Rust/Ebbett ? Megna is just an average AHLer at this point, showing absolutely nothing from what I´ve seen/read in WBS this season.

I can believe that considering he was among the first cut from camp this year.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Probably just insurance for tonight. Maybe some forward is dealing with minor bumps and bruises and is a game time decision?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Megs may have been disappointing this year, but I still think he has the skill to be a solid 3rd line winger with speed, skill, and some grit.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wonder if this is a cap move.

IIRR to take advantage of LTIR you want to have your cap maxed out as high as possible, i think Megna has the highest salary of the baby pens.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I wonder if this is a cap move.

IIRR to take advantage of LTIR you want to have your cap maxed out as high as possible, i think Megna has the highest salary of the baby pens.

That's only when putting the player on LTIR. You want to have the cap total as close to cap ceiling as possible at that point. Doesn't really matter after the player (=Bennett) is already on LTIR if you use that to full extent or not.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That's only when putting the player on LTIR. You want to have the cap total as close to cap ceiling as possible at that point. Doesn't really matter after the player (=Bennett) is already on LTIR if you use that to full extent or not.

I'm thinking they are going to be putting Maatta on LTIR.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm thinking they are going to be putting Maatta on LTIR.

They have stated that Määttä will play all 3 games leading up to his surgery. Tuesday was one, tonight is two, Saturday is three. Why call Megna up now if that's the case?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, this would make some serious sense. Bennett´s gonna come back very soon and Sill will be reassigned to WBS possibly because of that. They don´t want to lose Sill on waivers, so if it´s necessary, Megna would serve this purpose of playing instead of Sill until BB is ready to play. Sill can still play one more game and if BB is not ready for the next one, then Megna will probably play it. It´s a Buffalo on Saturday, so playing Megna instead of Sill shouldn´t really matter against that "team".

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
They have stated that Määttä will play all 3 games leading up to his surgery. Tuesday was one, tonight is two, Saturday is three. Why call Megna up now if that's the case?

Maatta's last game is in 2 days, its not like they are calling Megna up way before Maatta's last game.

And the baby pens are going on a road trip this weekend, maybe they wanted to get him here before the road trip.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Weirrrrd move. He´s not even playing well in the AHL and everyone is healthy, apparently..

He had a very good game last night. Didn't get on the scoresheet, but has some great chances and did everything well.

I just checked and WBS has played 9 games, and tonight will be Megna's 10th pro game this season. I remember someone saying he had 10 games before losing his waiver exemption. That would mean after tonight, he would be subject to waivers, which makes this move VERY curious. Can anyone comment on whether this is the case?

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Megna has a little of a slow start in WBS..so what?

He is WORLDS better than Adams and can play with Malkin. I'd rather have him over any Adams, Sill, or Ebbett. Speed, grit, and when playing with good wingers can produce. Also is ab east at killing penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad