Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Simon (1 year, 2-way deal)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
giphy.gif

So hextall signing a couple of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: he's not familiar says all I need to know about who is saying what needs to be signed to the GM.

f***.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Or give them vets for wbs as well. The team was hot garbage for most of last year. They should be better this year. Simon is not the issues. If there is one then it’s sullivan
Lol you really think that's what's going to happen? These are two specific players Sullivan has used in the top 6 when we've had youth that should have been tried that has upside.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
you right what I wrote right? Simon isn’t the issue it’s Sullivan. If he continues to a problem you fix that
It's 100% about Sullivan, you don't see waste like this back unless it's the coach telling you he wants them. Hextall has no f***ing clue who Dominik Simon is in context to being a Pens GM, but you know who does? The one :eek::eek::eek::eek: that utilized him bizarre ways. The one time Simon was ok was with McCann and Horny, when Rust was the one finally being used over him in the top 6. Since then, Simon has been an epic joke.

As for E-Rod, there's everyone's answer to who gets used in the top 9 RW with Blueger, barf.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
You don't get players on par with Simon on AHL only deals.

Go look at past day 1 UFA signings by the Penguins. Simon is completely within that category.

But he actually should be an AHL player ... at least his time in Calgary suggests it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Everyone else's parents are shopping in the newest releases section for their Christmas presents, while our parents seem to be picking up every $5 game in the bargain bin they can find.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone else's parents are shopping in the newest releases section for their Christmas presents, while our parents seem to be picking up every $5 game in the bargain bin they can find.
The moment I read what I read about the Fleury thing and Mario sticking his dick where it didn't belong as an owner that blokes here fooled themselves into thinking didn't get involved in player moves, the writing has been on the wall since then.

Crosby saying he wants MAF back to Lemieux explicitly asking 3 GM's in a span of a season to go get MAF back, I mean, these moves are just Hextall being their puppet. I am getting a clearer picture why JR finally said f*** this. He likely got tired of taking the heat all the time.

Reactions: 2wayPlay

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If you’re signing vets for the AHL make it actual vets, like 30+ guys, that can provide leadership and won’t be miffed about getting called up to sit in the press box on a long road trip.

Reactions: EightyOne

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If you’re signing vets for the AHL make it actual vets, like 30+ guys, that can provide leadership and won’t be miffed about getting called up to sit in the press box on a long road trip.

I don't think Simon's that kind of guy unless I missed some sort of rumors about him being pissed he got scratched? He could definitely be useful in the AHL though as a guy that thinks the game well but just doesn't have those physical gifts/instincts to make himself a much more successful NHL player. That's gotta be helpful for rookies too.

Reactions: Gurglesons

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This should be a Freddy G. type of signing where he gets brought up due to a bunch of injuries and everybody collectively goes "Oh, I didn't even know he was on the team."

.....but it won't be. Sully will push for him to be on the NHL team as much as possible and play him over Zohorna, Angello, Poulin, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad