Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Simon (1 year, 2-way deal)

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
What bothered me about Simon was watching him f*** up pass after pass on sids line only to be kept there. He couldn't even crack Calgary's sorry roster, and we just couldn't help ourselves with bringing him back, sure it might be 2 way but with Sully around its a matter of time before Simon is back in the top 6

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Trying to imagine the rage that will occur if he ends up on the top line for any length of time

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I think thats a pretty solid deal for the Pens. A depth guy for league minimum that is familiar with the org and is fine as a call up.

There is 0 risk involved. And for all the people saying he will get the Jankowski treatment - Jank was a scratch during the playoffs so who cares?

Also very unpopular opinion: if an older prospect gets blocked by guys like Jank, Simon, Erod etc. the guy probably is just not more than well guys like Jank, Simon, Erod.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, one hardly had a chance here. The other has had everything gifted to him.

I mean, they both were gifted quite a bit. Gaudreau isn't some diamond in the rough, he's a 28 year old journeyman who lucked out and rode some hot linemates to a promotion to a 3rd line and special teams play when we were decimated by injury. Great on him! But it's pretty much the definition of a streak for a guy who had a career 8 points on good (or better) teams before this.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
True. I think they both aren't much of anything. Fine not paying what gaudreau got

TOTALLY FINE never seeing f***ing Dominik Simons name ever again.. But here we are lol

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
All Simon has to do is beat out nobodies like Lafferty and Angello for a 4th line spot, and/or wait for injury.

Again, I don't hate the player. He's a fine player when utilized correctly. The last point is the important one with regard to Sullivan.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I mean, people badly wanted to sign Gaudreau and they're very similar in many, many ways.

The difference is one guy won't be shoehorned into the top line spot when the coach feels like shaking up the roster.

Obviously that's more on Sullivan being a dick about this type of stuff, but that's why I always have concerns when this team re-acquires or re-signs Sullivan's "pets" that he likes to play above what they are.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Well why not, on a two-way contract he will battle for a roster place in training camp, but probably he is bound to the AHL.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Well why not, on a two-way contract he will battle for a roster place in training camp, but probably he is bound to the AHL.

bylsma1_330.jpg

oops...wrong one

...but is it?

Reactions: Pens x

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Some are dumb, like Bylsma. Some are arrogant, like Sully. All coaches are awful, like all goalies are awful. Such is life.

The Second Quiznos Law of Coaching Entropy states that the longer a coach is in their position, the closer they move towards Bylsmagic. Therefore, given enough time, all coaches will eventually become Bylsma, thus all coaches are, in essense, Bylsmagical.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The Second Quiznos Law of Coaching Entropy states that the longer a coach is in their position, the closer they move towards Bylsmagic. Therefore, given enough time, all coaches will eventually become Bylsma, thus all coaches are, in essense, Bylsmagical.

It all makes sense now

maxresdefault.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad