Confirmed with Link: Penguins Protected List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Looks like GMs learned not to pay an expansion team extra to take guys who may turn out to be surprisingly impressive--much to the chagrin of any and every hockey fan wanting some kind of entertainment.

I gotta think they have something like Eichel or Hamilton up their sleeve. They have to... Right? They're not trying to be the 91 Bolts? :laugh:

(I think the goal is to be as close to the cap floor and accept everyone else's garbage cap dumps in exchange for a huge boon of 1sts/2nds/good to great prospects)

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
They selected one 20 goal scorer in Eberle.

Vegas started out with like 5 or 6
Gourde 17 goals in 56
Donskoi 17 goals in 51
McCann 14 goals in 43
Jarnkrok 13 goals in 39
Blackwell 12 goals in 47
Then Eberle of course.

I could see Tanev getting close to 20 in more offensive role as well.

Seattle still have 28 million cap with 4 cheap RFA's to go in Dunn, Borgen, Cholowski and Twarynski.

So this roster is far from finalized. Let's reserve judgment.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Gourde 17 goals in 56
Donskoi 17 goals in 51
McCann 14 goals in 43
Jarnkrok 13 goals in 39
Blackwell 12 goals in 47
Then Eberle of course.

I could see Tanev getting close to 20 in more offensive role as well.

Seattle still have 28 million cap with 4 cheap RFA's to go in Dunn, Borgen, Cholowski and Twarynski.

So this roster is far from finalized. Let's reserve judgment.

Lol to Tanev getting 20.

And still its about more than pace. Those aren't proven guys. Pick any one. JVR, Voracek, or Tarasenko and you have a know threat and face of the offense.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
How many teams actually got worse tonight besides the Pens?
Haha the biggest losers over the last 2 days have been the Pens and Seattle. Although, the Pens can now sign free agents, but the newly created cap will be spent on ZAR and MAF.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Haha the biggest losers over the last 2 days have been the Pens and Seattle. Although, the Pens can now sign free agents, but the newly created cap will be spent on ZAR and MAF.

I dont mind the pens clearing out the Bottom 6. Make room for cheaper players and prospects. Chest sniper Tyler Kennedy had more goals than McCann every did and Tanev was paid to much for to long.

Bring in youth and cheaper guys. Try to find some higher end talent in FA

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Lol to Tanev getting 20.

And still its about more than pace. Those aren't proven guys. Pick any one. JVR, Voracek, or Tarasenko and you have a know threat and face of the offense.
Don't be so certain. Tanev scored 7 in 32 getting 76% D-zone starts. It's doable if healthy and used in a different role than here. He scored 14 before in Winnipeg, while being a shutdown guy there too. I feel he has more to give offensively.

Jarnkrok has 500 games. Gourde 300. Donskoi 400. McCann 350 and just had productive back to back seasons.
They are not new, unproven players. They have respectable career stats.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Tampa is about to lose Gourde Goodrow and Coleman.

Thats worse than use losing McCann and Tanev
That's fair. Now all they have is the perennial Vezina favorite, the perennial Norris favorite, a 100pt player in Kucherov and supporting cast guys like Point and Stamkos. :laugh:

(I do think losing those guys is going to hurt Tampa badly, to be clear)

Reactions: Darren McCord

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Don't be so certain. Tanev scored 7 in 32 getting 76% D-zone starts. It's doable if healthy and used in a different role than here. He scored 14 before in Winnipeg, while being a shutdown guy there too. I feel he has more to give offensively.

Jarnkrok has 500 games. Gourde 300. Donskoi 400. McCann 350 and just had productive back to back seasons.

They are respectable but Seattle passed up on much more proven and better players. Unless something comes out of it, they did not have a good draft.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

On the flip side they will also be going up against top defensive units. Granted that doesn't exist in the Pacific outside of Vegas, but you get my point.

The Knights had Reilly Smith, James Neal, Marsh, and Perron who were all top six wingers the year prior to coming to Vegas and all had 20-30 goal seasons on their record.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah.

And the Kraken didn’t pick up any bad contracts. The One they signed Penny’s Bro to is ugly though. They have lots of cap and their roster is far from done. I think they are going to be very active at the draft.

Ya but what now? They dont have good assets unless they take on bad contracts. I dont know how active they can be. This was there chance to get those assets and they bungled it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
They are respectable but Seattle passed up on much more proven and better players. Unless something comes out of it, they did not have a good draft.
Francis is playing moneyball. Picked a bunch of young prospects with sneaky upside. There's no bad contracts outside of maybe Oleksiak. They're not handicapped.
And there's a ton of cap left. Probably ~22 mil to use in Free Agency after the RFA's get signed.

We don't know what they are yet. Just wait.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I do think Donskoi is a real solid depth guy. Would've liked to grab him a couple years ago.

But for all of Seattle's "solid depth guy" roster, they're, uh, not gonna be depth guys. :laugh:

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
That's fair. Now all they have is the perennial Vezina favorite, the perennial Norris favorite, a 100pt player in Kucherov and supporting cast guys like Point and Stamkos. :laugh:

(I do think losing those guys is going to hurt Tampa badly, to be clear)

True but Hedman isnt the same as he used to be. They also lost Savard on the backend. I think Tampa's depth that help them win took a huge blow.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Francis is playing moneyball. Picked a bunch of young prospects with sneaky upside. There's no bad contracts outside of maybe Oleksiak. They're not handicapped.
And there's a ton of cap left. Probably ~22 mil to use in Free Agency after the RFA's get signed.

We don't know what they are yet. Just wait.

Seems like they did a bad job of exploiting the expansion draft though. This team looks like the Nashville Predators or Minnesota Wild more than the Vegas Knights. And they had options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad