Confirmed with Link: Penguins Protected List

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I mean you look at that roster do you want to sign there and be a perennial lottery team?
We won't know the roster by the end of today. Ask me in September.

But I could see them being a playoff team in that weak ass Pacific. You don't need star power if you have all 2nd/3rd liners and 6 middle pairing level D. Not to mention the plethora of quality goalies they could take.

slowhands

Feb 20, 2021
I like Chris Fowler but he cleary doesn't know anything about hockey.

I think this event had a lot of potential and ESPN and really NHL/Seattle dropped the ball. The leaks hurt a lot I'm sure ESPN didn't like that.

Then you have a lot of recognizable people announcing picks but didn't take the time to educate them on pronunciations.

They should have tried to get Patrick Sharp for this, I think he could have done a great job and is really personable

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Seattle is doing a garbage job, unless there are side trades. JVR or Voracek retained would have been hugely valuable around the league. Geekie is so dumb over Bean. They are making Vegas's draft look even better.

Also that Olesiak deal is hot garbage

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We won't know the roster by the end of today. Ask me in September.

But I could see them being a playoff team in that weak ass Pacific. You don't need star power if you have all 2nd/3rd liners and 6 middle pairing level D. Not to mention the plethora of quality goalies they could take.
Right. I forgot they're in the west. They might make the finals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fat ex athletes is the theme.

Edit: wait did Calle Jarnkrok show up on previous lists?

That's a decent pick right there. Ok this is interesting sort of now.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I like Chris Fowler but he cleary doesn't know anything about hockey.

I think this event had a lot of potential and ESPN and really NHL/Seattle dropped the ball. The leaks hurt a lot I'm sure ESPN didn't like that.

Then you have a lot of recognizable people announcing picks but didn't take the time to educate them on pronunciations.

They should have tried to get Patrick Sharp for this, I think he could have done a great job and is really personable
Should have had Levy.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I think way too much is made out of Tanev being "hard nosed" or "physical" or whatever. But he was willing. And a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

So that's something. I'll miss the guy. But also get it.

Tanev is fine as a "supplemental" physical player, such as he was with Winnipeg, where the actual big boys did the heavy work.

But if you're counting on Tanev to be the #1 (and only) physical presence on a team of punching bags, such as he was with the Penguins, that's way too much to ask of him even at his inflated salary.

Given his age, background and style of play -- traits which were identical to a player acquired in a significant trade several years earlier -- I still maintain that JR was thinking "ZOMG!!1! Chris Kunitz 2.0!!!!" when he signed Tanev to that deal.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Tanev is fine as a "supplemental" physical player, such as he was with Winnipeg, where the actual big boys did the heavy work.

But if you're counting on Tanev to be the #1 (and only) physical presence on a team of punching bags, such as he was with the Penguins, that's way too much to ask of him even at his inflated salary.

Given his age, background and style of play -- traits which were identical to a player acquired in a significant trade several years earlier -- I still maintain that JR was thinking "ZOMG!!1! Chris Kunitz 2.0!!!!" when he signed Tanev to that deal.

Yeah I'd say that's a good assessment. Which is why I just can't be overly bugged he's in Seattle, now. I know this team is too soft but I promise for real... Tanev wasn't moving the needle hardly at all in that department. Disruptive? Sure. A PIA to play against? I'll buy it. Wearing the other team down? Nah.

And I could see that re: JR. If that's the case though his coach sure didn't help him out by stapling him to one line and never deviating from it.

Reactions: Darren McCord

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

The other thing with Tanev is that he raises the temperature of every game he plays in, and we don't have the identity for that to be a good thing for us. It just encourages our opponents to try and hurt our few good players.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
If they really wanted to make this entertaining they would have Lynch announce all the picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad