Confirmed with Link: Penguins Protected List

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Lol to Tanev getting 20.

And still its about more than pace. Those aren't proven guys. Pick any one. JVR, Voracek, or Tarasenko and you have a know threat and face of the offense.
Tarasenko is a no small risk, and while Voracek still puts up numbers, he's becoming streaky as hell, is 31, and I'm pretty sure his cap it is $8.25MM for the next three years. No thanks. Not sure how excited I could get for a 32 year old JVR with I think two years left at $7MM. With that said, absent some further roster changes, it looks like goals may be hard to come by for the Kraken.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You pretty much need 250 goals minimum to even have a shot at reaching the playoffs. Just not seeing that group scoring that much even factoring in bigger roles and more offensive opportunities.
They haven't used 36% of their cap yet. We don't know what agreements were made between GM's to dissuade picking certain guys. That'll be announced tomorrow.

We don't know what their group is yet. This is not the time for judgment/predictions.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
They have a boatload of cap. They could sign the top 3 free agents and still have cap space. They will pick up a few good players for cheap purely cause they are the only ones that can.
Who the F would wanna sign with that garbage team? They're gonna have to use all the cap space they gained with taking awful players in overpaying FAs.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Tarasenko is a no small risk, and while Voracek still puts up numbers, he's becoming streaky as hell, is 31, and I'm pretty sure his cap it is $8.25MM for the next three years. No thanks. Not sure how excited I could get for a 32 year old JVR with I think two years left at $7MM. With that said, absent some further roster changes, it looks like goals may be hard to come by for the Kraken.

I guess it’s the D heaviness of the draft in addition to the Oleksiak and Larsson deals that rubs me the wrong way.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Francis could have either drafted a good team or done a bunch of deals to collect future assets. He seemingly did neither. Hopefully for Seattle’s sake he has a plan. Hopefully for mine he doesn’t because that would be pretty funny.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The only thing that really makes sense to me is that Seattle is planning on loading up on bad contracts/being a cap dump team for a couple of years to stockpile 1sts/2nds and good to great prospects. That's legit the only way I see any sort of plan. :laugh:

I'll bet Seattle's owners are none too pleased they don't even have a big name, franchise face to put butts in seats and sell jerseys. Hell, they wanted Price for that alone--I don't think they gave a shit about his recent history of play, contract or injury status. They just wanted their MAF.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The Kraken have a good defense corps and are $28M under the cap.

I expect them to eat a couple of contracts get premium assets and also sign a pretty prominent offensive player as well. They aren't near done.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

how are 2 or 3 year contracts issues? They arent competing for a cup this year or next and by the time they need cap those contracts are gone. The team has a ton of cap anyways. JVR and Voracek paced for almost 70 points each last year. Seattle will be lucky if any of the players they picked besides Eberle hit 50.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
how are 2 or 3 year contracts issues? They arent competing for a cup this year or next and by the time they need cap those contracts are gone. The team has a ton of cap anyways. JVR and Voracek paced for almost 70 points each last year. Seattle will be lucky if any of the players they picked besides Eberle hit 50.
I have it on good authority that McCann is the next Karlsson, and will be good for roughly 40g and 70pts, thank you very much.

And Tanev's a 20g guy somehow.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I have it on good authority that McCann is the next Karlsson, and will be good for roughly 40g and 70pts, thank you very much.

And Tanev's a 20g guy somehow.

He paced for 18 in a bottom 6 role. Give him 2RW with two decent guys combined with some PK and 2PP...it's not impossible. Before his injury he was rippin it up, I was actually impressed.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
As it is, I figure we have a little under 3 mil to fill the 23rd roster spot. Assuming we don't use it on Ceci.

I'm definitely expecting some trades. I don't think that's enough to address goaltending and other shortcomings.

Add- Probably should have posted that in the cap thread. :help:

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Both JVR and Voracek paced for 62.9 points last year. Both players are likely to see production deteriorate. But I don't know what the hell the Kraken are doing. Maybe they want a shit-ton of cap for the trade deadline or even next year's free agency? I suspect they drafted some of these guys based on discussions they had with other interested teams, so we'll see what their real roster looks like in two months. I'd guess the six players they paraded in front of ESPN today at Lake Union are the only locks. But I was sure VGK would suck for years after their draft. Kinda missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad