Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Missed the last game, but plan on watching it some time today. (Probably leaving work early)

Glad to see the positive reviews of Rust.

I definitely thought he'd be an NHLer, but had no clue it'd be this soon.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I always wished football would adopt the back to back games. Could you imagine like a Steelers/Cinci back to back weeks matchup? It would be fun to see.

Tonight is going to be beautiful. I expect a hard fought battle by both teams. It's going to get ugly early.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
If farnham can keep playing the way he does, I may have to change my thoughts on him. He'll never be good enough to play on anything other than the 4th line, but thats ok.

I just expect him to regress, everyone was high on sill for a few weeks.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
There are three keys to Farnham cracking an NHL roster permanently:
1. Staying healthy, pretty difficult with the way he runs around out there, 5'10 seems generous.
2. Staying disciplined, so far he's drawn more penalties than he's taken, if he keeps that up then what isn't too like for a coach.
3. Making it onto a PK, if a coach trusts him there then that's some nice added value.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
There are three keys to Farnham cracking an NHL roster permanently:
1. Staying healthy, pretty difficult with the way he runs around out there, 5'10 seems generous.
2. Staying disciplined, so far he's drawn more penalties than he's taken, if he keeps that up then what isn't too like for a coach.
3. Making it onto a PK, if a coach trusts him there then that's some nice added value.

I love the guy and what he brings, but I don't see any of the above happening. I do see people starting to complain about untimely penalties, stone hands, etc., after the novelty wears off.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a more sedate affair tonight - but maybe everyone is super fired up again, and it gets even crazier.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a more sedate affair tonight - but maybe everyone is super fired up again, and it gets even crazier.

Same here, I think that (outside of the playoffs) fans are generally more hopped up for payback than the players.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Going to be a chippy one I bet.

TBH I would bet otherwise.

These hyped revenge matches rarely live up to the expectations. For one there have been several games for the tempers of the moment to cool. Second, officials usually are watching and will be looking to take control. Likely warning both benches before the game.

I doubt that this one is nearly as chippy/entertaining. With Florida as anemic offensively as they are it is far more likely to be a snoozefest than going to a fight and a hockey game breaking out.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Penguins' game-day skate is about to start, and Downie does not appear to be on the ice.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Craig Adams, who did not play Saturday, also is among the missing at the Penguins' game-day skate.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Penguins appear to have 20 players -- 11 forwards, 7 def. and 2 goalies -- participating in the game-day skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille