Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How the **** is Mitchell not getting at least a 1 game suspension (afaik he got nothing)? Ya, nobody got hurt (except maybe the official's arm) by him swinging a helmet at Letang but for ****'s sake the NHL needs to send a message that this isn't ok behavior. I've seen borderline high hits result in multi-day suspensions -- this seems to be at least as bad as that...?

The league doesn't actually care about suspending for behavior. They only suspend for injuries or perceived injuries.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well, the silver linings so far ...

No Adams
Geno will not be on Sutter's wing tonight
No Adams
No Adams

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Guess Gudbranson didn't know he was going up against Downie and the mumps. Wonder if he's going to be tested.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Anyone wanna take a wild guess at the lines?

My guess would be:

Kunitz - Sid - Horny
Comeau - Geno - Rust
Farns - Goc - Spaling
Klink - Ebbett - Mr. Black

Last edited:

RehnX

Jun 28, 2011
Indiana
The Pens report says(Via MJ)...

*Goalie Jeff Zatkoff will be the only player recalled from WBS
*Pens will dress 11 forwards and 7 defensemen
*One of the defenseman will play up at forward (won't be Letang or Scuderi

I asked jokingly before why we don't just play DP at forward, I'd guess that's what we'll see tonight. Or Despres will literally kill someone on a forecheck.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Guess Gudbranson didn't know he was going up against Downie and the mumps. Wonder if he's going to be tested.

For serious.

Plus, and I don't have official confirmation on this, but I heard that they were seen making out at the Pens' hotel after the game.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC

I asked jokingly before why we don't just play DP at forward, I'd guess that's what we'll see tonight. Or Despres will literally kill someone on a forecheck.

Kunitz-Crosby-Horny
Pouliot-Malkin-Comeau
Spaling-Sutter-Downie
???

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
i wonder which d is going in as a forward. probably pouliot. johnston knows him best and besides Letang he is probably the most offense minded d the pens have right?

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
i wonder which d is going in as a forward. probably pouliot. johnston knows him best and besides Letang he is probably the most offense minded d the pens have right?

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib

Pens going with 7 D tonight. Chorney likely to play some at forward. Zatkoff will be here for faceoff.

penguins2946*

Chorney is playing wing, that's already been established.

PaulieWalnuts

Apr 23, 2013
This whole thing reminds me of when a certain girl made her way through the dorm in college and you catch the odd guy here and there itching and complaining of a burning sensation.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Chorney makes the most sense to see time at wing. Don't want to mess up the development of any of the prized youngsters. Not that one game would ruin them, but why take the chance.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Maybe Despres really can become Brent Burns :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad