Friedman: Penguins interested in Max Domi

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't see why we'd have to add to Domi for Reinhart. Both have similar PPG over their first three seasons with similar deployment at even strength, although Reinhart has seen more PP time. Reinhart has better possession metrics at 5v5 but Domi has better P/60 (and G/60 and A1/60).

I just think Sam is going to wind up being the better player and more versatile ... Domi brings other intangibles that this team could use

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I just think Sam is going to wind up being the better player and more versatile ... Domi brings other intangibles that this team could use

Reinhart has been unable to stick at center for any extended period at this level and has been crap in the circle, while Domi ended up winning 45% of his 400 draws in an extended look at center this season, so although he is much better at wing he has demonstrated more positional versatility so far than Reinhart has.

In the end, I do think Reinhart will be a better two-way player in his prime, but at the cost of not being as productive as Domi. Frankly, it evens out.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think Buffalo's interest in Domi would be to pair him with Reinhardt given their success at World Juniors. This would be a play for ROR IMO. Not sure what else would be included. Demers?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He is. Every sentence is " I think". He's always speculating.

I worked with Elliott on and off for parts of four seasons. If you don't think he's connected and that he's offering up carefully sourced material, than you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you are also dead wrong.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I worked with Elliott on and off for parts of four seasons. If you don't think he's connected and that he's offering up carefully sourced material, than you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but you are also dead wrong.

Have a way of proving you worked with him? His bald spot is a turn off too.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Buffalo's interest in Domi would be to pair him with Reinhardt given their success at World Juniors. This would be a play for ROR IMO. Not sure what else would be included. Demers?

If I'm Buffalo I'd be asking for Dvorak+ from the Yotes for ROR.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Again. As probable as it is, it's all purely speculation on your parts. Presenting it as fact is just wrong.

Derp. Of course it's speculation. Well informed and reasoned speculation. Hardly anything (outside of stats) that gets debated here is fact.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Derp. Of course it's speculation. Well informed and reasoned speculation. Hardly anything (outside of stats) that gets debated here is fact.
I don't believe anyone on here is well informed when it comes to the personal musings of players in the NHL. As a two time Stanley cup champion who has cemented himself as an elite talent in the league, whose to say he doesn't find Arizona to be an attractive location to wind down the second half of his career? Beautiful weather, a team that finally looks poised to take a next step with a young core of talented players and vets, no media scrutiny.

But yes. You're all well informed as to where players would or would not like to be traded.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Friedman is a hack.
Jesus, if Friedman is a "hack" I'd really like to know what you think about guys like Damien Cox. In that segment that Friedman and Cox were doing for a couple years on Saturday nights involving rumors and news. Friedman basically carried Cox's sorry *** and would give Cox the "where the **** did you hear that" look. Friedman is one of the best in the game when it comes to rumors and news. If you think other wise.... well you're out to lunch.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I don't believe anyone on here is well informed when it comes to the personal musings of players in the NHL. As a two time Stanley cup champion who has cemented himself as an elite talent in the league, whose to say he doesn't find Arizona to be an attractive location to wind down the second half of his career? Beautiful weather, a team that finally looks poised to take a next step with a young core of talented players and vets, no media scrutiny.

But yes. You're all well informed as to where players would or would not like to be traded.

Ok. Don't believe posters here. Believe a Pens beat writer instead. Saying the exact same thing we're saying. Or don't.

Jason Mackey's Penguins chat transcript: 5.31.18

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
As Pittsburgh, Toronto and Kessel fan I don't want to see Kessel near Arizona. That would be Toronto 2009 - 2015 again. If he should be traded I want him in team with better support cast like Calgary or St.Louis. Arizona or Carolina please not. Not good fit for the teams neither the player.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As Pittsburgh, Toronto and Kessel fan I don't want to see Kessel near Arizona. That would be Toronto 2009 - 2015 again. If he should be traded I want him in team with better support cast like Calgary or St.Louis. Arizona or Carolina please not. Not good fit for the teams neither the player.

I honestly don't buy that. Arizona has OEL and Keller, who are better than anyone Kessel ever played with in Toronto. Arizona has a legitimately strong team, they're a playoff team with Kessel. With the amount of young talent at forward with that defense and goaltending, they're in the playoffs if they have Kessel and their young guys progress. This isn't a case where Kessel would be trying to carry Tyler Bozak to relevancy, he's going to have the support with Arizona that he never had with Toronto.

If the Yotes re-sign OEL and get Kessel, they'll be a playoff team for the foreseeable future. I truly believe that. They'll have the older core of Kessel, OEL, Goligoski, Stepan, Hjalmarsson and Raanta with the young core of Keller, Dvorak, Chychrun, Perlini and Fischer. That's a playoff team in my eyes. Now, the question is what they're giving up to get Kessel. Personally, I'd like to get both Domi and Demers in the package if the Penguins are trading Kessel, I don't think that's unreasonable and it fills 2 big needs within the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad