Pre-Game Talk: Penguins in Boston | 7:30 EST Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
More.

Punish us for our idiocy, Boston. Make it 10--1.

giphy.gif

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm fully on board with trading Maatta for another need in the lineup. His skating and lateral movement is pathetic

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's not just about the stats though. I've never once watched Kessel this season and thought to myself "That's a guy who is earning his $7M paycheck, and making life easier for his center." Either by creating chances on his own, or cashing in on prime opportunities, I haven't seen anything remotely resembling a marquee winger.

I don't disagree, but statistically he's not in an abnormal position relative to Crosby, Malkin and the other wingers. They've basically ****ed everyone's season up and Kessel has only looked like what he should a few times but he's still around where he should be relative to other players statistically. I find that kind of telling.

Except the primary thing we need from Kessel is goals because unlike everyone else on that list, the rest of his game is garbage.

His playmaking isn't garbage.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
We can harp on our D all we want (and for good reason), however our forwards and their insistence on throwing ambitious perimeter shots at Rask with zero traffic in front is equally as frustrating. Nothing has changed since they humiliated us in 2013.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
His playmaking isn't garbage.

That's great. Maybe if he had 2 brain cells to rub together he'd figure out that he's on a line with Hagelin and Cullen, so playmaking probably shouldn't be his main priority.

We've got a 7 mil latter day Ales Hemsky. Wonderful.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens are a bunch of wussies.

All the play is on the perimeter. All the Bruins have done was be in their face and give them no room. They didn't fight for anything except for the youngsters.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I was so amazed about how Pouliot and Letang got walked on a simple switch play. Our dmen can't play defense. This team really needs an overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad