Pre-Game Talk: Penguins in Boston | 7:30 EST Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
We can harp on our D all we want (and for good reason), however our forwards and their insistence on throwing ambitious perimeter shots at Rask with zero traffic in front is equally as frustrating. Nothing has changed since they humiliated us in 2013.

Bunch of small forwards against a bunch of big defensemen... wonder why they can't get traffic in front.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'm fully on board with trading Maatta for another need in the lineup. His skating and lateral movement is pathetic

Nichushkin

Agreed. I'd try for Pouliot+ first, but if it had to be Maatta, I'd do it.

The first few months of his rookie year really pulled the wool over a lot of our eyes. The guy's as inconsistent as anyone, and to be quite honest, doesn't deserve to be on the top pairing over Dumo. Maatta's skating is abhorrent.

I don't disagree, but statistically he's not in an abnormal position relative to Crosby, Malkin and the other wingers. They've basically ****ed everyone's season up and Kessel has only looked like what he should a few times but he's still around where he should be relative to other players statistically. I find that kind of telling.

I used the "everyone has sucked!" argument for a while, too.

Kessel's not just not producing like a $7M/yr, marquee winger. He's not playing like one. Ever.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I was so amazed about how Pouliot and Letang got walked on a simple switch play. Our dmen can't play defense. This team really needs an overhaul.

Dumoulin is seriously the only guy I trust to defend well more often than not. Maatta's got the smarts but his lack of mobility is a hindrance.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
You're kidding right? A lot of teams would want him.

Why? He is a young player that showed flashes of brilliance and now can't outskate 4th liners. I don't see what is so ridiculous about saying the fact that nobody looks at him and says "wow we think he makes our hockey team better." He looks completely different after the cancer treatment.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
This makes me laugh every time I see it

It's just the perfect gif for this team over the past handful of years. :laugh: Between Fleury's goaltending in the playoffs a few years back, to Shero's drafting, to our development of young players vs. guys like Porter/Adams/Glass, etc.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I'm sad to see Maatta like he is nowadays. I wonder what might have been if not for the cancer. He's not abominable but something is very clearly missing from his game on a fundamental level.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
uhhhh, he skates as if he's stuck in molasses and he can't move to his left when skating backwards if his life depended on it?

Yep, lets trade a Young top 4 dmann we can afford it, since we have plenty of those....

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm sad to see Maatta like he is nowadays. I wonder what might have been if not for the cancer. He's not abominable but something is very clearly missing from his game on a fundamental level.

Its called skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad