Pre-Game Talk: Penguins in Boston | 7:30 EST Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I feel stupid but can someone explain to me the playoff seeding?

It's top three in each division are automatically in. So the higher wild card seed gets the weaker division winner?

Just trying to map out where we're gonna end up at. Playing Florida in the 1st round might be our best matchup out of them, Rangers and Washington. At least with Florida, they're not better than us at 1st or 2nd line center. #1D. Or in goal. The 'ol, our best players are better than yours.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
It's top three in each division are automatically in. So the higher wild card seed gets the weaker division winner?

Yeah, and the remaining teams in each division play each other in round one.

I guess I'd prefer to not play Washington.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah, and the remaining teams in each division play each other in round one.

I guess I'd prefer to not play Washington.

Yeah, I honestly hope the Isles keep winning and we can just get some separation from the Devils for the 7th seed.

I like Florida as an opponent far more than Lundqvist or Holtby+Caps offense in the 1st round.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd take Tampa over the Rangers and Caps as well. I want nothing to do with Lundqvist in a playoff series. Don't think I could take him eliminating us three years in a row.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Something Bruin: Penguins look to get hot entering Marchand complete the Rask at hand

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Florida has cooled down a bit.I think TBL will end up first eventually,so no easy matchup.

This is what I'm thinking as well. TB if they get rolling are a scary team, right up there with the Caps.

Our best bet is to win as much as we can, grab 2nd in the division and hope we get the Isles. Or get 3rd while the Isles get 2nd. Either way, gotta pass the Rangers.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
Pittsburgh Penguins
21 mins ·

The Penguins have recalled defenseman Steve Oleksy from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.

a) cant stand the Bruins so 2 points will be perfect tonight
b) thank goodness for games in hand, need to take advantage of those if we do make the playoffs

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Big game for the Pens. I really want that 1st wild card spot. Honestly I want that over 2nd in the Metro unless we can somehow guarantee the Isles as 1st round opponent as opposed to Tampa.

My preferred order of realistic teams to play in round 1:

Florida
NYI
Tampa

That said, I really don't want to play NYR or Wash in round 2 so let's just get that 1st wildcard spot.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Any reason why this game is at 7:30 not 8?
Don't get me wrong, I like it this way, but if it weren't for me checking this site, I'd have tuned in at 8 and missed the 1st period...this is like the second time this season they have randomly changed a Pens Wednesday night game from 8 to 7:30.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
What does DK want? Dumo and Letang's pairs will play the majority of the game. You don't split up two good+ pairs to make three average pairs because you're afraid of Ian "better than Despres - Dejan Kovacevic" Cole.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
What does DK want? Dumo and Letang's pairs will play the majority of the game. You don't split up two good+ pairs to make three average pairs because you're afraid of Ian "better than Despres - Dejan Kovacevic" Cole.

It's not like this is news anyway. Did he not see the last game where the pairs were exactly the same? They are paying Cole a nice amount of money. That's going to afford him the chance to get one last final crack at staying in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad