Pre-Game Talk: Penguins in Boston | 7:30 EST Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Wilson. Good. Thanks, Sully. It shouldn't take Kunitz causing goals against for him to be punished, but I'll take it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Again, three coaches and Kunitz is still by Crosby's side. A few games ago Kunitz was dropped down and Crosby played his worse game since MJ left. Coincidence, sure. But where there's smoke...

I'm sorry, but this isn't accurate.

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel was the line against Detroit.

At the start of the Tampa Bay game, it was

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel

that line - Sid included - looked like trash, so halfway through, Sullivan switched Cullen and Sid's wingers.

1) Sid looked like **** that game, even with Kunitz.
2) Kunitz wasn't demoted.
3) There is only smoke and fire because this board continues to have this need to assign conspiracy to idiocy.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Kunitz hasn't been off Crosby's line for a full game in months.

He hasn't been for the entire season. All these games where Duper played in his position, Kunitz was back after every pk and for some entire 3rd periods too. That demotion by MJ was half hearted.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
He's got the 3rd most goals on the team and he's not close to 4th. It's not just him,

Crosby 25
Malkin 23
Kessel 19
Hornqvist 12

It's not just about the stats though. I've never once watched Kessel this season and thought to myself "That's a guy who is earning his $7M paycheck, and making life easier for his center." Either by creating chances on his own, or cashing in on prime opportunities, I haven't seen anything remotely resembling a marquee winger.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
I'm sorry, but this isn't accurate.

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel was the line against Detroit.

At the start of the Tampa Bay game, it was

Kunitz - Crosby - Kessel

that line - Sid included - looked like trash, so halfway through, Sullivan switched Cullen and Sid's wingers.

1) Sid looked like **** that game, even with Kunitz.
2) Kunitz wasn't demoted.
3) There is only smoke and fire because this board continues to have this need to assign conspiracy to idiocy.

You're right, my bad. I just really, really want to believe there's a conspiracy because it's atleast easy to understand. But Kunitz just dropped down so we'll see.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He's got the 3rd most goals on the team and he's not close to 4th. It's not just him,

Crosby 25
Malkin 23
Kessel 19
Hornqvist 12

Except the primary thing we need from Kessel is goals because unlike everyone else on that list, the rest of his game is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad