GDT: Penguins @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
This coach is not getting an honest effort out of this team and his system is flawed.

Our franchise is will never have long term success with Hynes.

How is that on the coach, seriously? When are we going to start pointing the finger at the guys on the ice, getting paid the big bucks, that are just half assing it without a care in the world. Where the **** is Andy Greene, isn't he the captain of this team. If anything, this team has taken his identity... no emotion, no heart, no fight.

This team needs a "rara" guy that will voice his displeasure, smash some sticks in the locker room and call out EVERYONE for their poor play. We have no identity and IMO, Andy Greene is the last guy on this team that will rally the troops and grab the bull by the horns. I'm not in the locker room to confirm anything but h just doesn't strike me as a guy that will put his foot down and call it as it is, in order to send some type of wake up call to his team.

In regards to the system, I'm getting sick and tired of reading that sorry excuse. We don't have a system cause we don't have the players to play a uptempo system and we don't have the players to play a defensive system. So, my question to you and everyone else who's crying about our system... what type of system would like us to play?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Shero does around the end of January if the Devils are still in a similar position to where they are now. It could work in our favor in the long run that the Devils will be ready to sell earlier as teams are going to need to pay more to get players for longer.

You don't know what could happen. I agree with what was posted earlier that there are only a few people I see being safe.

I have to say, even though the product on the ice is worse than (or comparable) to the last few years under Lou, I'm happier with where the team is at in terms of # of draft picks and some of the young players we have in the system now. Shero moved on from the dead wood of the Lou era and seems to be giving up on some of the players that LL was attached to.

This year sucks, there's no other way to put it but when you look at the Flyers, the Jackets and several other teams that went from doom to gloom in a span of 12 months, it doesn't make it all that bad. We do have the pieces to start building something solid but we as a fanbase have to realize it's not gonna happen this year and maybe not next year as well.

Shero wants a team that's built around speed, so he acquired Hall, drafted McLeod, brought up Wood, Blandisi is getting his game together in Albany, Zacha's only 19 and Severson is our only d-men that can fly and play top pairing minutes.

It's a process, a marathon, not a sprint. Patience is required but that's not a word that is known in the HF community.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Man, not to derail this, but I really do believe Pat Burns would have been this team's coach for a long, long time. Such a shame, he was great. Knew exactly how to push his players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes and this staff have no idea how to run any kind of offense nor defense either. At least last year they could coach defense. I still think it's hilarious and pathetic if we're actually supposed to be worse defensively in an attempt to be better at offense and score more goals and get more chances. In reality though, we might score even fewer goals than last season at this rate and we'll be an even worse possession team with a much worse shot differential.

Great Wall of Jersey

Make NJD Great Again
Mar 20, 2010
Garden State
Hynes and this staff have no idea how to run any kind of offense nor defense either. At least last year they could coach defense. I still think it's hilarious and pathetic if we're actually supposed to be worse defensively in an attempt to be better at offense and score more goals and get more chances. In reality though, we might score even fewer goals than last season at this rate and we'll be an even worse possession team with a much worse shot differential.

Ryane Clowe is a new member of the coaching staff this year, isn't he? Maybe he's part of the problem. What is his role as assistant coach? Does he work with the D? (I hope not...)

I think he's a swell guy but like Johnnie Mac some guys just don't have it as coaches in the NHL!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ryane Clowe is a new member of the coaching staff this year, isn't he? Maybe he's part of the problem. What is his role as assistant coach? Does he work with the D? (I hope not...)

I think he's a swell guy but like Johnnie Mac some guys just don't have it as coaches in the NHL!
I'm not sure what he does, but I'm pretty sure it's not the D.

Everyone talks about the defense but the truth is, the defense is only the biggest problem because of all the blowouts. The offense since mid November has been worse than last year. 2 goals a game is a lot these days.

We've scored 15 goals in the last 10 games, that's including the 4 goals against the Flyers. We've allowed 36. So we're averaging 1.5 goals for and 3.6 goals against over the last 10 games.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm not sure what he does, but I'm pretty sure it's not the D.

Everyone talks about the defense but the truth is, the defense is only the biggest problem because of all the blowouts. The offense since mid November has been worse than last year. 2 goals a game is a lot these days.

We've scored 15 goals in the last 10 games, that's including the 4 goals against the Flyers. We've allowed 36. So we're averaging 1.5 goals for and 3.6 goals against over the last 10 games.

Works both ways. When tbe defense sucks, the team is on the defensive more. Offense has indeed struggled lately but my God that defense is atrocious. I cannot wait until Santini makes the transition into the nhl. He will help.

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The offense was upgraded during the off-season. The defense downgraded, likely on the premise that the improved offense and the solid all-star goaltending we thought we had would be enough to carry the team. So far, that has not been the case. The defense hasn't been good, but we knew that going into the season. The offense has proved to be more lethargic and the goaltending far less reliable than anticipated.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Few people on here see the big picture. We're a rebuilding team, coming back from a blackhole decade in terms of drafting and prospect development.

I get that people want to see a winner, but some of you are off the reservation. Pat Burns would not have this team in the playoffs. The problem is not that we're not gritty enough. The problem is not Hynes. Or Ryane Clowe. The problem is a lack of a talent.

Only in the last two years are we starting to solve that problem, but we still have some ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad