GDT: Penguins @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Coach isn't really all that angry. Captain isn't all that angry. Tell tale sign of guys who are part of the problem but have no solutions to offer.

yeah couldn't agree more..... greene is no captain that should be the first move here... they talk about the loss as if they just dropped their first one out of 5 vs... having lost their last 3 and like 8 out of 9 its pretty upsetting to listen to as a fan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yeah there is nothing that warrants an extension here... he will be lucky to make it through the season.

There is nothing that shows me this is a well coached hockey team in any facet of the game. Last year it looked well coached and they worked hard.

This year, they look like they have no purpose or direction. Hynes is good at nothing but providing an incredibly close shave to that dome of his. And personal care and grooming maintenance has no effect when coaching a hockey club.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coach isn't really all that angry. Captain isn't all that angry. Tell tale sign of guys who are part of the problem but have no solutions to offer.

But he made sure to mutter something or another about ''Collectively'' and as a ''Group'' like always.

That's the new tough building.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
There is nothing that shows me this is a well coached hockey team in any facet of the game. Last year it looked well coached and they worked hard.

This year, they look like they have no purpose or direction. Hynes is good at nothing but providing an incredibly close shave to that dome of his. And personal care and grooming maintenance has no effect when coaching a hockey club.

the shine on the head is encouraging though

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
And personal care and grooming maintenance has no effect when coaching a hockey club.

Look. When he's fired, he can be one of Lou's coaching candidate finalists next year. There isn't a single follicle of hair anywhere to be found:laugh:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It sucks, I felt they played a pretty competitive game until the 3rd goal broke their backs. Have no one to blame but yourself when you have so many power plays to try and take advantage of.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
can someone photoshop Shero's face onto this cat please, thank you

BKec9Iv.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Look. When he's fired, he can be one of Lou's coaching candidate finalists next year. There isn't a single follicle of hair anywhere to be found:laugh:

He doesn't even look like he has eyebrows or facial hair at all haha. I'm jealous of his lack of eyebrows, I hate my eyebrows.

the shine on the head is encouraging though
It's almost like his pregame and intermission routine is a can of barbasol, a razor and some polish.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This team giving up five goals is the new normal. Putrid performance. Fans should be paid by the team for attending at this point.

Someone needs to make a bingo card out of these, I posted this earlier tonight during the game.

Allow 4 goals

Allow a last minute in the period goal

Give up shorthanded chance or goal against

Get outshot by double or close to it

Score games first goal and still lose

Bottom 6 doesn't score

John Moore makes a mistake

Didn't do enough collectively as a team to win a hockey game

Didn't give ourselves a chance to win

Play ****ing harder

Hynes refuses to mercy pull Schneider

I think the only one's we didn't get tonight were outshot by double or close to it and play ****ing harder.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Someone needs to make a bingo card out of these, I posted this earlier tonight during the game.

Allow 4 goals

Bottom 6 doesn't score

Play ****ing harder

I think the only one's we didn't get tonight were outshot by double or close to it and play ****ing harder.

Haha. At least the bingo cards could make the games fun to watch.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
While I can't defend any of what's happening, I do have to defend Hynes and Greene for their comments.

What can they say? Should they get angry? That's pretty much a nuclear option. And, it's probably not going to help the team anyway.

You guys are seeing it as if Hynes, Greene, and the team in general doesn't care. There's no way that's true. Perhaps there are passengers on the team. But there's no way the entire team doesn't care. And I don't at all believe that Greene doesn't care.

But, this whole things is a wreck, so perhaps this is debating what color the Titanic's deck chairs were.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Shero has said he won't fire Hynes. It's also clear he's not happy.

I don't think anyone on this team other than Hall, Schneider, Severson, Wood and Zacha should feel safe. If this play keeps up heads will roll.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
We looked far worse under MacLean on the ice, however never had a stretch this bad under him W-L wise. Why is that? We had the roster then that even without a true system in place, could at least put something together.

Not that it's anything ground breaking, but we just don't have the roster this time around that even with a decent system in place, this roster of guys are not able to carry it out, and that's why we have been this bad W-L wise while still looking better than the MacLean days on the ice.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Allow 4 goals

Bottom 6 doesn't score

Play ****ing harder

Palmieri's slapper misses the net on the PP

Zajac hits the post

Quincey screens Cory

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
The effort level and mental toughness of this team is an absolute disgrace. At the slightest bit of adversity this team packs it in. They are about as gritty as a bowl of yogurt and the fact that seemingly nothing is being done in that room to change it is ALARMING. This should not be a reoccurring thing for a month and a half.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Was at the game tonight with my fiance and family. First game we've been to in 4-5 years since the Lou era. Noticable difference in the atmosphere and arena etc.

The quick goal was great, but it was painful afterwards. Kills me to hear my family say the team is boring and sits on leads(family is a hockey family as my brother and I played hockey. My brother played in college).

The team just doesn't have the talent to compete. Simple as that. Made so many mistakes. The defense is extremely poor. The offense outside of a couple forwards isn't able to compete the way it needs too. Cory is a great foundation piece, Hall is as well(He can't carry a team like a Crosby tho, which is fine, he's a great great player, but not at that level), Wood is a good piece, Severson im 50/50 on, Zacha I can see being a top 6 player, Rico was good at times(horrible when he was on defense and didn't take the man and got deked out of position) and maybe a couple of others(cammy was terrible tonight)...there are just a lot of floating pieces and I am not sure who the "core players are" on this team outside of a few going forward.

Shero has his work cut out for him. It's gonna take 2-3 more years to get this team fixed. The drafted players is a good start, but its going to take more.

Just my 2 cents. Was fun to be at the Rock again tho, just sucked the team was holding on to that 2-1 lead. You CAN'T do that against that team. Even Hall said that in the postgame.

What is even worse is, we aren't bad enough to get a McDavid(There's no generational player in the draft this year) and we aren't good enough to make the playoffs. We're stuck in mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad