Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
The team defensive effort was superb. At no time were we hemmed in our end so long and so badly that I thought - "we are getting scored on". Also, I don't remember a breakaway or a two one one?

Best game I think I've ever seen Knies play. He was a wrecking ball in Bostons end and took care of business in his own end.
I was blown away at how well they played defensively. If they can figure out how to score and their PP watch out.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I get that nothing is over until it's over, but holy moly did almost everyone write this team off last Saturday, including myself. Epic comebacks are part of the playoffs and part of the excitement of them and should be expected of any team on their way ultimate victory.

Here we go again. Game 7. It's not over until it's over and I still don't want to cave into my feelings and feel hope for game 7

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wonder if Keefe puts Reeves back in for game 7?
No. A few days ago I mentioned that Keefe should take Reeves out of the lineup. Tonight he finally listened. Reeves should not play against Florida. They really don't need the type of toughness he brings in that series, and the Panthers will eat him alive defensively. He will be too much of a liability against that kind of team.

I get that nothing is over until it's over, but holy moly did almost everyone write this team off last Saturday, including myself. Epic comebacks are part of the playoffs and part of the excitement of them and should be expected of any team on their way ultimate victory.

Here we go again. Game 7. It's not over until it's over and I still don't want to cave into my feelings and feel hope for game 7
Definitely not everyone...

I'm telling you, game 7 will be a breeze compared to the last two games. Boston will collapse. The Leafs will win by 3 or 4 goals.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
No. A few days ago I mentioned that Keefe should take Reeves out of the lineup. Tonight he finally listened. Reeves should not play against Florida. They really don't need the type of toughness he brings in that series, and the Panthers will eat him alive defensively. He will be too much of a liability against that kind of team.

Definitely not everyone...

I'm telling you, game 7 will be a breeze compared to the last two games. Boston will collapse. The Leafs will win by 3 or 4 goals.

I admire your optimism.

My soul has been crushed too many times for that level of hope. Winning game 7 over that team will go a long way to uncrushing it though.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They'll need Reaves to set the tone again. A lot more Bruins were taking liberties tonight with him out of the lineup.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Gotta love mental midget Marc Methot - the famous nobody and huge Ottawa Sens slurper - posting “the fix is in”.

What the actual eff.

- A game in which 2 calls went for the Leafs and 1 for Boston.

- The Holmberg cross-check, his guy is literally holding his stick for 5 seconds prior and right through the cross check

- Marchand literally pushed a linesman. Zero discussion.

You want a fix - watch when Wes refs game 7.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Though Woll loses the shutout, the team (and we) should learn by now that personal achievement means NOOOOOTHING!!!!! Team success means EVERYTHING!!!

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Lost in the win is that the PP was garbage yet again and no adjustments were made.

Curious as to why no reporter asked Keefe about it
Because reporters want sound bytes and it's an easy redirect for Keefe.

"Not where it needs to be, losing Matty hurts, we'll look at it and try to be better, but happy with our game overall and the PK made up for it."

Reactions: Jacquestrapless
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad