GDT: Penguins @ Devils | 7:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
He's still leading the league in scoring. It is frustrating to see him playing well and nothing come from it, but he'll be fine.

He'll still get 100+ points. All players go through slumps in seasons as well, this is his. Doesn't help with the way that Dupuis and Kunitz have been playing this year. :laugh:

Malkin112*

That is how you get Malkin going putting him in important situations, but why on earth would you put Glass, Adams, Letang and Egelland in at the same time

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Hockey gods forgive me, but I hope he's not. It's the only way Ray Shero may get his head out of his GM of the Year *** and save Sid from Bylsma (and his own management of the team).

That might be best for the team, but you know it's not going to happen.

He'll still get 100+ points. All players go through slumps in seasons as well, this is his. Doesn't help with the way that Dupuis and Kunitz have been playing this year. :laugh:

Exactly. He wasn't going to be at 2ppg forever. Especially with those two :laugh:

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
No, what I'm querying is why he seems to let most of his soft goals go through his legs like that. By now I would've thought he'd have kept them tight like a nun's.

Just something I think he could work on. Being fair, the D didn't help.

I don't think you understand was a "soft goal" is or how to physically make a save.

When the shot is taken MAF has to get a body part where the puck is going. If that's a leg, he has to open up the 5-hole. If that puck get's deflected he has less a second to try to adjust to the new shot path. If the deflection happens to be right at his 5-hole, it's prolly going in.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That is how you get Malkin going putting him in important situations, but why on earth would you put Glass, Adams, Letang and Egelland in at the same time

Because Glass, Adams, and Engelland all try hard just like Bylsma did when he was a player.

bylsma1_330.jpg

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It's Staggy's and Errey's fault. They babbled for over half the period about how the Devils had no shots, thereby inevitably making their next shot a goal.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
with ray shero being one of the gms for team usa...and bylsma being the coach...THERE IS NO WAY IN H E DOUBLE HOCEY STICK BYLSMA GETS FIRED. only way blysma gets fired is if mario pulls the trigger, which wont happen. We are at least stuck with him for this year.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I don't remember the butterfly technique being hunch over and spread your legs. Fleury's technical ability still comes and goes. If he isn't "cheating" an is playing with the proper technique that puck downs' go in. That's what always gets him into trouble, he has no fundamentals so when there is a dip in confidence he had absolutely nothing to fall back on. This guy will never lead us to cup again.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't think you understand was a "soft goal" is or how to physically make a save.

When the shot is taken MAF has to get a body part where the puck is going. If that's a leg, he has to open up the 5-hole. If that puck get's deflected he has less a second to try to adjust to the new shot path. If the deflection happens to be right at his 5-hole, it's prolly going in.

I'm not blaming Fleury for that goal. It happened fast and the deflection was right in front of him.

What I'm saying is that often when Fleury gives up a "soft" goal it is either a rebound or through the five hole. I'm well aware of how to make a save but it just seems like something he should work on to try and help remove it from his game. There will be times when you sacrifice your 5 hole to make a leg save, that I am aware of.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Why can't Steiggy and Errey just let it go. Not every goal has to be excused for. It was a crap goal, move on. There haven't been as many as usual this year. You don't need to defend every goal against, no matter how homer-ish you are. Let his play do the talking.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
with ray shero being one of the gms for team usa...and bylsma being the coach...THERE IS NO WAY IN H E DOUBLE HOCEY STICK BYLSMA GETS FIRED. only way blysma gets fired is if mario pulls the trigger, which wont happen. We are at least stuck with him for this year.

not until after the olympics at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad