Rumor: Penguins Coveting Paul Bissonnette

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I wonder if Devane is eligible for waivers?

Here are some names to look out for if the player is placed on waivers due to depth:

Anthony Peluso
Corey Tropp
Lance Bouma
Jordan Nolan
Andy Andreoff
Brandon Mashinter
Justin Florek
Frazer McLaren
Brett Gallant
Aaron Volpatti

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Well, considering Neal gets an insane amount of criticism for not showing up in the playoffs and people are advocating signing Penner, I was just saying that James Neal has a better track record in the playoffs than Penner. So, calling Penner "clutch" and then *****ing about James Neal is kind of redundant.

Any other posts I can point you to of mine so you can call me an idiot and tell me how much I don't understand ice hockey?

I didn't call you an idiot, but I have no problem telling you when you are wrong.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I wonder if Devane is eligible for waivers?

Here are some names to look out for if the player is placed on waivers due to depth:

Anthony Peluso
Corey Tropp
Lance Bouma
Jordan Nolan
Andy Andreoff
Brandon Mashinter
Justin Florek
Frazer McLaren
Brett Gallant
Aaron Volpatti

Ignoring Devane, Nolan and Poluso are the only players on that list I'd consider. Tropp's roughly as fearsome in a fight as Adams and most of the rest of these guys (that I've heard of...Andre Andreoff, for example, is a name that means nothing to me) aren't particularly better than PL3 at fighting or at hockey.

Like, McLaren is the poster boy for the "useless facepuncher" stereotype. I'd vastly prefer to have nothing to do with him.

The appeal of Bissonnette is sort of multifaceted. He can fight well. He sticks up for teammates. He doesn't hurt you on the ice. And he helps you off of it.

With McLaren, he can sort of fight, but that's all that can be said about him positively.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Ignoring Devane, Nolan and Poluso are the only players on that list I'd consider. Tropp's roughly as fearsome in a fight as Adams and most of the rest of these guys (that I've heard of...Andre Andreoff, for example, is a name that means nothing to me) aren't particularly better than PL3 at fighting or at hockey.

I have seen several Kings fans saying he could replace Clifford easily in the lineup and actually be an upgrade. And several Pens fans have wanted Clifford to Pens. So if the opportunity to get Andreoff from waivers would be there, worth a shot. He should be better than the likes of Sill and Payerl we have in the organisation looking for that remaining roster spot.

GFF

Mar 16, 2002
www.wrweb.co.uk
Not quite sure what he is getting at here but Bissonnette just replied to Mark Maddens tweet of:

@MarkMaddenX: @BizNasty2point0 This is why you should have my job.

With:

@BizNasty2point0: I think I'll be seeing you enough this season @MarkMaddenX. Away room is nice too though.

Is this because Madden will cover hockey across the Met Division (Caps, Pens, Flyers interested) or is Biz trying to give a clue as to specifically where he is going to be?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not quite sure what he is getting at here but Bissonnette just replied to Mark Maddens tweet of:

With:

Is this because Madden will cover hockey across the Met Division (Caps, Pens, Flyers interested) or is Biz trying to give a clue as to specifically where he is going to be?

He is saying the away locker room at Consol is nice too. Meaning he will likely be on a team in our division or at least the East. At least I think :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Word on the street is the Caps are trying to move a contract (John Erskine) and bring in Biz Nasty. But they haven't been able to do so yet, so they might just live and let live.

Bissonnette might be joining the Jeff Carter "don't trust a GM's word unless it's on paper" club.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
He is saying the away locker room at Consol is nice too. Meaning he will likely be on a team in our division or at least the East. At least I think :laugh:

I thought it was:

"So far it looks like the pens, but if not, the away rooms are pretty nice too."

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I still think it was Mario Lemieux, then he didn't wanna eat crow so he let the team get softer and softer. Now huge changes have happened, he can stay out of it this time. He should not have opened his mouth to begin with, that's when our decline happen.

My thought was that the Pens should have reacted the opposite way to the Islanders brawl. They should have signed 4 more goons to the AHL club and when time came to play the Islanders, go nuclear.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
My thought was that the Pens should have reacted the opposite way to the Islanders brawl. They should have signed 4 more goons to the AHL club and when time came to play the Islanders, go nuclear.

and the wussies would have avoided them too.

its not like we didnt have a tough line up dressed that night. engo, godard were in the line up

the isles "tough" players decided to go after the pens non fighters

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
and the wussies would have avoided them too.

its not like we didnt have a tough line up dressed that night. engo, godard were in the line up

the isles "tough" players decided to go after the pens non fighters

And to show how the League viewed all of that, the longest suspension to come out of that game went to Godard, for leaving the bench to go defend the goalkeeper from one of the Islanders' goons.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
And to show how the League viewed all of that, the longest suspension to come out of that game went to Godard, for leaving the bench to go defend the goalkeeper from one of the Islanders' goons.

To be fair though, wasn't his suspension pretty much a black and white rule? Leave the bench and you get X amount of games? I mean I'm glad he did it and all, but I don't think there was much, if any, wiggle room to adjust the suspension, even if it was a completely warranted action on his part.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Engelland, Rupp and Asham were all tossed for being in secondary altercations at the same time.

The Isles lost Martin but still had Konopka, Haley and Gillies.

People forget that part, the set of circumstances that led to that game unfolding the way it did would be tough to duplicate.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Engelland, Rupp and Asham were all tossed for being in secondary altercations at the same time.

People forget that part, the set of circumstances that led to that game unfolding the way it did would be tough to duplicate.

ur right. rupp was also in the game

and yet, haley went after adams before any ejections. and i think martin jumped and before the ejections as well

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

and yet, haley went after adams before any ejections. and i think martin jumped and before the ejections as well

Martin is a big time spot picker, for a while it seemed like he'd try to fight Adams every time they played.

Of course when Engelland came calling it was a different story.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Hayley and Adams went toe to toe, I think Rupp got tossed during the Martin jumping, he had Harmonic and could have wailed on him but held back.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Martin is a big time spot picker, for a while it seemed like he'd try to fight Adams every time they played.

Of course when Engelland came calling it was a different story.

Stat-padder too. At a glance, Martin seems like an ideal depth forward, but squint a little and he's a pretty selfish player. Happy to go with anyone at any time, so long as they're smaller than him and can't fight. Happy to finish any check as long as the scorekeeper awards him with 2 hits each.

In any event, the referees were as responsible for that fiasco as the Islanders.

You don't chuck 3 tough guys on one team for grabbing a guy that tried to Todd Bertuzzi someone while leaving a Vityaz goon and a bat**** minor leaguer (who was never given an NHL look solely because he's impossible to control...and think about that for a minute...Carcillo, Eager, Rinaldo...those guys were deemed pliable enough to carve out careers...that Haley was not tells you a lot about him) on the ice for the other team.

Don't recall who the ref was, but McCreary would have known to find an excuse to keep the numbers even so the game didn't get out of hand. Either by not kicking out all the Pens he did or giving Gillies and Haley phantom misconducts, leaving Godard and Konopka to cancel each other out.

If the refs had done their job, we wouldn't be talking about that game 4 years later.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Which makes it all the more amusing when Islanders fans crow about how they beat up the Pens that game, ignoring the fact the Isles "tough team" did jack all except Martin try and Bertuzzi Talbot when the Pens had their full compliment of tough guys still in the game.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Which makes it all the more amusing when Islanders fans crow about how they beat up the Pens that game, ignoring the fact the Isles "tough team" did jack all except Martin try and Bertuzzi Talbot when the Pens had their full compliment of tough guys still in the game.

"we really made those big bad pens pay"

talbot, adams and a rookie non fighter

lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad