Rumor: Penguins Coveting Paul Bissonnette

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
My thought is, NO. If he indeed displaces Adams (forever), then yes.

If it means Craig Adams goes away for sure, I'll take him.

This is my general thought as well. I'm also saying that I like the guy so much, that I don't want to learn to hate him because he's just not a good hockey player...lol

I feel that way about Adams, too. He's a good dude, but you can't help but just want him to be unemployed....or employed by ANYONE else...lol

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If he'll take an Adams contract, cool. Definitely if that means Adams gets pushed out of the lineup for good.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Biz isn't a terrible 4th liner, he knows his job and has no illusions about being more than he is.

I'd be fine with him coming back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If it means Craig Adams goes away for sure, I'll take him.

This.

But also the fact that Engelland got a raise that made no sense for the Pens cap structure and they need a capable fighter.

Can some of the Pens guys fight? Yeah, Bortz and Downie can drop them, but I wouldn't want to lose them because of a mismatched fight. BizNasty is a fighter, can play a regular shift, he's a need in the Eastern Conference.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I'd prefer someone bigger for that role. However, if the rumor is true, then the organization is stepping in the right direction.

Usually hybrid-enforcers can be claimed via waivers during the preseason (e.g. Anthony Peluso and Luke Gazdic). I have my eye on Jamie Devane.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh we are ultra slow so i won't merge the two threads.

If it means Adams is gone - A S A P. I don't give two *****. He's at least a gem on twitter and a great locker room guy.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'd prefer someone bigger for that role. However, if the rumor is true, then the organization is stepping in the right direction.

Usually hybrid-enforcers can be claimed via waivers during the preseason (e.g. Anthony Peluso and Luke Gazdic). I have my eye on Jamie Devane.

I don't think the reason they're looking at Biz is just because they want an enforcer.

They want to fix the room, and the fact that Biz is close with our stars and a great locker room guy probably has just as much to do with their interest (it might even be the biggest reason for their interest) as him being able to fight.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I don't think the reason they're looking at Biz is just because he's an enforcer.

They want to fix the room, and the fact that Biz is close with our stars and a great locker room guy probably has just as much to do with their interest as him being able to fight.

Truth is, almost all of the enforcers are well respected and are vocal in the locker-room.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I vote yes. I like his story how he make the NHL. He didn't have the talent to play the game so he completly changed his playstyle to make it to the biggs. I liked how he challenged everyone when we WAS a Penguin, then used his hammer fists to kill everyone.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Truth is, almost all of the enforcers are well respected and are vocal in the locker-room.

I don't know if that's necessarily true, so I won't comment on it.

What I do know is that Biz has been friends with Sid and Geno for a long time. He can loosen them up. I forget who it was, but someone on the radio was saying that the guys in the locker room need to joke around with and tease our stars more, and that hasn't really been an element in the locker room since Max left. Biz will bring that back.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I don't know if that's necessarily true, so I won't comment on it.

What I do know is that Biz has been friends with Sid and Geno for a long time. He can loosen them up. I forget who it was, but someone on the radio was saying that the guys in the locker room need to joke around with and tease our stars more, and that hasn't really been an element in the locker room since Max left. Biz will bring that back.

What the hell happened to Ray Shero? When he got here he preached the gospel of toughness and the importance of chemistry in the room. Then it is as if he totally eschewed both of those things.

I dunno, maybe it was the Islanders brawl game and fallout as many have suggested that made him do a 180.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What the hell happened to Ray Shero? When he got here he preached the gospel of toughness and the importance of chemistry in the room. Then it is as if he totally eschewed both of those things.

I dunno, maybe it was the Islanders brawl game and fallout as many have suggested that made him do a 180.

I still think it was Mario Lemieux, then he didn't wanna eat crow so he let the team get softer and softer. Now huge changes have happened, he can stay out of it this time. He should not have opened his mouth to begin with, that's when our decline happen.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
What the hell happened to Ray Shero?

He handed the keys to the castle over to an undeservedly arrogant twit and then foolishly trusted him not to be an arrogant twit. His biggest mistake was hitching up his wagon to that loser and then seemingly handwaving away his repeated miscues and flat-out incompetence. Although his disastrous Summer of 2013 is honestly beyond explaining. I don't really know about the toughness thing but I suspect you may be at least partially right. Though I believe it has more to do with a combination of the team just not emphasizing it under Disco the more he took control (benching guys for sticking up for their teammates, etc.) and a rotten locker room that had no desire to stick up for one another.

As for Biz... it's a very unlikely thing for me to endorse but I'd be fine with it for the reasons already laid out. Mostly to absolutely make certain that Adams is forced out. But also because I suspect he'd be the perfect guy to help keep things loose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad