Friedman: Penguins could move Juuso Rikkola

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This isn't all that surprising with the emergence of Marino and the difficulty in moving JJ. You won't get much for him, I'd be shocked if he got dramatically more than Biega, but I think Riikola for a depth forward is a reasonable suggestion.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Kinda seems like Pens need to do something bigger... some trade rumors I keep seeing wont change anything it seems

I honestly haven't been a fan of what JR has done in Pittsburgh

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's a bottom pairing defenseman who can put up some numbers (5 points, including a pair of goals, in 37 games). A team might claim him.
Putting up ~10pts in 75 games is putting up nothing. lol

This is not thread worthy

Reactions: TS Quint

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Man, if Riikola gets moved first I'm gonna be annoyed. I understand why, of course. Move the asset that has some value. It will just be annoying to part with him and still see Jack Johnson on that roster. Especially when Jusso can clearly contribute and work on the bottom pair, just fine.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Does he still play like an absolute beast? I remember one game where he was hitting everything that moved and was pretty solid in his own end. Seemed like a real meat and potatoes guy.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Who?

If a Philly fan doesn't know who the hell he is, then he's not even an asset.
He played almost half the year with the Pens last season... hard to know about something if you're not paying attention.

Dumb trade idea tbh, but if JR's got that itch he' gonna scratch...

Reactions: domaug

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Does he still play like an absolute beast? I remember one game where he was hitting everything that moved and was pretty solid in his own end. Seemed like a real meat and potatoes guy.

He has good talents but he gives bad on ice results, he's a weird defenseman. Watching him makes you really happy with his play, then you look at his on ice results and gag.

He's a good skater (especially when carrying the puck), has a rocket of a shot, is a strong puck mover and is a well rounded 2-way player. He just can't combine all of those into good results.

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad