Rumor: Penguins-Canucks trade in the works

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
It doesn't matter if the Canucks finish dead last in the league and is a tire fire, it is NEVER allow to rebuild/ stack draft picks. MUST reach the playoff next season. Total DELUSION!

It's been going on for so long now that I think Aquilini is a HUGE short sighted idiot....
Need to run those slumlords out of town.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
My guess it was first round picks in 25/26 which would jive with the “not a rebuild” valuation

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Obviously the Pens were trolling with a bad offer look at what they just did........nothing

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
From the reporting I've seen, the Canucks turned down two firsts because they wanted a roster player in return since the "aren't rebuilding."
The 2 firsts thing is likely bullshit. As we saw with Horvat, the team quickly flipped that 1st they got for Hronek, so I find it hard to believe they would turn down 2 firsts.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
The 2 firsts thing is likely bullshit. As we saw with Horvat, the team quickly flipped that 1st they got for Hronek, so I find it hard to believe they would turn down 2 firsts.
Yeah. They would’ve just turned those picks into a young top C.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I just can't imagine there is any way Miller to Pittsburgh works at this point, unless the Penguins acquired Granlund to flip him to Vancouver for Miller. That would satisfy their need to grab a center, but that seems like a video game idea and not anything NHL teams actually do.
Any chance it could be Rakell the Pens would want to move to make room for Miller?

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
From the reporting I've seen, the Canucks turned down two firsts because they wanted a roster player in return since the "aren't rebuilding."
Really? All I can find is canucks wanted two first-round picks. (Which is insane anyway lol)

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Absolutely not.

It will probably be Pettersson if they want to make money for Miller, but it should be Granlund.
Hypothetically if it’s Pettersson, do the Pens internally believe POJ/Smith are good enough to make him expendable?

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Really? All I can find is canucks wanted two first-round picks. (Which is insane anyway lol)
Everything I’ve heard this morn is like the quoted poster said. Van did not want picks, they want a player as they are not rebuilding

Which is dumb as shit but right in line with the Hronek move

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's not Pettersson the Canucks would be thrilled to take him back and the Pens need him if they are going to contend

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Does Pittsburgh even have a young top 6 center cause if they did they probably wouldn't be trading for miller. As much as Vancouver has been a joke I don't believe for a second they would reject 2 1sts especially considering we are tanking this season for an attempt at Bedard, and we could easily grab a 2c with the new cap space and picks we would have gained. My guess is canucks asking price was too high like a 1st, Pettersson, and something else and the pens said no and got Granlund. Which is a bad move on the pens part but the canucks got greedy but I doubt they were offered 2 1sts.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Absolutely not.

It will probably be Pettersson if they want to make money for Miller, but it should be Granlund.

I don’t think we’d WANT to move him, but this has to be a straight salary swap at this point if Van isn’t retaining. Rak makes that possible.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Its funny fans keep thinking that Van should and want to move Miller when they just signed him and chose him over Horvat to be a key C going forward. Of course they are wanting a C back to maintain that plan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad