Post-Game Talk: Penguins at Rangers - Game 2 - April 18 (Series tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Ah yes, lets blame someone for not clearing the puck when the other team has a man advantage. Great logic.

It was on his stick with no one around him and he failed to clear. Doesn't matter if it was even strength, short handed or whatever.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm so glad that the peanut gallery is back to complain after the team absolutely ravaged the regular season.

And LOL at Fleury and his 3 GA apparently outplaying Hank and his 4 GA. Maybe if the Rangers ****ing PK stopped the Pens (or if the ****ing PP scored more than once) then the 4 GA Hank would've outplayed the 5 GA Fleury. :rolleyes:

arunnair87

Aug 12, 2009
We took penalties at the worst times. If we stayed out of the box, we would've won this one.

Literally that's all we have to do to win the series.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
A couple of things about this game that bugged me.
Obviously special teams. Would be a completely different game if they kill 1 penalty, and score 1 more PP goal. That needs to change.
Also, I know I will get crap for this but every time it seemed like the Rangers started getting some momentum there was a phantom or soft call against them. The Hagelin "trip" the Hayes hook was incredibly weak, and I thought the Kreider trip was as well for two reasons. One, NHL players shouldn't be going down every time they feel a stick at their legs. It is terrible. Two, MSL was tripped pretty badly behind the net seconds before. It is the playoffs, refs need to step up their game just as much as the players do.

Finally the NBC broadcast. I know a lot of people say the rangers didn't do anything worth mentioning but for those of you who had MSG in game 1 it was the same thing. The entire broadcast in game 1 talked about what the pens needed to do to turn the game around. I didn't hear that once about the Rangers tonight. It's pathetic. The Nothing But Crosby network in full force.

Personally, I think a stinker like this was good for the Rangers, hopefully it will be a wake up call for them.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
No really. This is the most Rangers-like game I have ever seen. Let's recap:

Lose game 2 at home
Score first
Fail to convert on numerous powerplays
Failed clear by Girardi leads to goal against
Horrendous second period
Nash blue line muffin
Kreider idiotic penalty
Brassard in playoff mode
The team gives us false hope early in the 3rd period
The team with the higher Corsi loses
NBC with horrible and biased coverage
Rick Nash garbage time goal

Really, I salute you, NY Rangers. You guys managed to get all of the Rangers typical things into one game. The only thing missing was a rookie scoring his first goal. 10/10 on everything else. Bravo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rick Nash was 2nd on the team in overall Corsi and scored tonight, why the witch-hunt for him?

And Dan Boyle apparently leads the NHL in career corsi. Guess what? Corsi doesn't matter. Real hockey matters. I didn't notice him until the missed shot with a few minutes to go and then the goal with a few seconds left.

Nash just hasn't been good so far. Lets not sugar coat it for him. He's playing like the Nash we usually see in the playoffs

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
What ref help?

It all boils down to number of power play opportunities. They scored on theirs. That's it.

Because the two PPs they scored on were two of the worst calls the entire season! You got one entirely phantom trip, and then you have Hayes barely brush the guy's shoulder and it's a hooking call.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Folks can say what they want but this doesn't look like a team "barking" for anything.

They have strolled through 2 games. IMO lucky to win game 1. Embarrassed in game 2 (cliche Nash garbage time goal aside).

They have not played like a team that can win. They're a .500 team that has played lucky .500 hockey.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
The Rangers need to capitalized on their chances and on their power plays. Their PP tonight killed them.

Lundqvist also needs to be better.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
No really. This is the most Rangers-like game I have ever seen. Let's recap:

Lose game 2 at home
Score first
Fail to convert on numerous powerplays
Failed clear by Girardi leads to goal against
Horrendous second period
Nash blue line muffin
Kreider idiotic penalty
Brassard in playoff mode
The team gives us false hope early in the 3rd period
The team with the higher Corsi loses
NBC with horrible and biased coverage
Rick Nash garbage time goal

Really, I salute you, NY Rangers. You guys managed to get all of the Rangers typical things into one game. The only thing missing was a rookie scoring his first goal. 10/10 on everything else. Bravo.

Don't forget the ex-Ranger scoring, but I don't think that applies this game.

Are there any ex-Rangers on the Pens?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
And Dan Boyle apparently leads the NHL in career corsi. Guess what? Corsi doesn't matter. Real hockey matters. I didn't notice him until the missed shot with a few minutes to go and then the goal with a few seconds left.

Nash just hasn't been good so far. Lets not sugar coat it for him. He's playing like the Nash we usually see in the playoffs

So what's corsi? Fake hockey :laugh:?

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
NYR road record: 28-11-2
PIT home record: 23-14-4

We still have the advantage. Not only are we better on the road than pittsburgh is at home, we're better on the road than we are at home.

We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad