Pre-Game Talk: Penguins at Ottawa (Monday April 22, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
Considering Ottawa has absolutely no clue as to how the game is played, and are so clearly unstable, bring in the Pitt version of the Navy Seals. Im are that flabby gladiator will be there to terrorize!!! Lmao!!!

The sens have so much to lose!!! The pens are set. Those poor senator players have to know that their team is a laughingstock!! Investigations??? Lol. Their idiot owner and psychotic fan base and media has put then in a terrible position. With 99.9999% of hockey knowing that was an accidental injury....those players have to be embarrassed. Now, they have to play the penguins, who can dress the cleaning crew and be ok. But since their dragging a team to crazyville, I'm sure it will be the muscle and the heavy artillery. Just itching for that one stupid incident. The brawl could be such that the sens do suffer season ending damage. With playoffs here.

Would you want to be a senator? Knowing that you have to win this game? And knowing that the guy across the ice who is 6 5" of brute force is here cause your idiot community has no clue to how the game is played. That all the threats and psychotic rants have brought this and you have to skate it?

I'm hoping you guys win. Help knock this virus of a franchise out if the playoffs. If they get chippy, ragdoll them to eugenes lap.

:).

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Considering Ottawa has absolutely no clue as to how the game is played, and are so clearly unstable, bring in the Pitt version of the Navy Seals. Im are that flabby gladiator will be there to terrorize!!! Lmao!!!

The sens have so much to lose!!! The pens are set. Those poor senator players have to know that their team is a laughingstock!! Investigations??? Lol. Their idiot owner and psychotic fan base and media has put then in a terrible position. With 99.9999% of hockey knowing that was an accidental injury....those players have to be embarrassed. Now, they have to play the penguins, who can dress the cleaning crew and be ok. But since their dragging a team to crazyville, I'm sure it will be the muscle and the heavy artillery. Just itching for that one stupid incident. The brawl could be such that the sens do suffer season ending damage. With playoffs here.

Would you want to be a senator? Knowing that you have to win this game? And knowing that the guy across the ice who is 6 5" of brute force is here cause your idiot community has no clue to how the game is played. That all the threats and psychotic rants have brought this and you have to skate it?

I'm hoping you guys win. Help knock this virus of a franchise out if the playoffs. If they get chippy, ragdoll them to eugenes lap.

:).

:laugh:
I have to know...Leafs fan?

Ray Shero*

I really hope Sid is back against Buffolo since we St.Louis is just one point back in the scoring race.

I really want him to be cleared for full-on practice already.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Honestly while id love to see Sid win the AR... if Stamkos or st louis win it, it wouldnt be too bad... pittsburgh does have a glut of them already, and you cant be too greedy... there are better trophies to be had this year, after all.....

As for the sens, if they lose this game they are going to be in trouble... they really cannot afford any stupid stuff. The jets are just too close for that...

h2

Mar 26, 2002
And Measha the Opera Singer.

Please don't mention her :(

I don't know why it is, but Ottawa seems to always embarrass themselves in pre-game stuff vs Pittsburgh.

As for tomorrow, I think the focus will be on winning the game because we haven't clinched yet, but if Cooke plays I'm sure there will be challenges issued to fight. I really don't think anything crazy will happen unless the score gets out of hand and Cooke has yet to fight if he's playing.

Also, any news on James Neal? He's in my pool and I'm wondering if he'll get in any games before the playoffs!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Keep Cooke in the press box. It takes two to make this a moronothon, and I would rather that the Pens do not stoop to that sideshow owner's level. Sit Letang, Iggy and the injured as well. I could care less if the roster is Glass + WBS.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Please don't mention her :(

I don't know why it is, but Ottawa seems to always embarrass themselves in pre-game stuff vs Pittsburgh.

As for tomorrow, I think the focus will be on winning the game because we haven't clinched yet, but if Cooke plays I'm sure there will be challenges issued to fight. I really don't think anything crazy will happen unless the score gets out of hand and Cooke has yet to fight if he's playing.

Also, any news on James Neal? He's in my pool and I'm wondering if he'll get in any games before the playoffs!

He practiced with the team today but no word on when he'll be back in games.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Wait why does Cooke have to fight again? This isn't after the Savard hit.

He doesn't have to, but it could defuse a potentially volatile situation if he just scrapped with someone right off the hop.

At the same time, I don't want him to risk an injury in some pointless fight with Neil or Kassian.

I'm also confident in the Pens' ability to ice a much tougher line up the Ottawa, the Pens are also in position to pretty much retaliate however they want because there are no playoff implications for them.

MacIntyre can go nuts and attack every single opposing player on the ice, and it means nothing to the Pens in the long run. Ottawa has to know that.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
He doesn't have to, but it could defuse a potentially volatile situation if he just scrapped with someone right off the hop.

At the same time, I don't want him to risk an injury in some pointless fight with Neil or Kassian.

I'm also confident in the Pens' ability to ice a much tougher line up the Ottawa, the Pens are also in position to pretty much retaliate however they want because there are no playoff implications for them.

MacIntyre can go nuts and attack every single opposing player on the ice, and it means nothing to the Pens in the long run. Ottawa has to know that.

I'm pretty sure if MacIntyre goes nuts that it doesn't benefit Pittsburgh. Nor would I necessarily mind that as a Sens fan, I love MacIntyre. I'm not worried about lineup combos at all. Ott-Pitt games usually are tough, so with the exception of a possible Cooke fight, I don't see this game being different.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm pretty sure if MacIntyre goes nuts that it doesn't benefit Pittsburgh. Nor would I necessarily mind that as a Sens fan, I love MacIntyre. I'm not worried about lineup combos at all. Ott-Pitt games usually are tough, so with the exception of a possible Cooke fight, I don't see this game being different.

It doesn't necessarily benefit them, but it doesn't really hurt them either. They've already clinched first in the conference and Mac getting suspended means next to nothing, he barely even plays in the AHL.

I'm not wishing for that or anything, I just thinking having that kind of unpredictable element might keep things a bit more civil than they'd be otherwise.

The league is probably keeping an eye on this game as well, after Melnyk's comments. The refs are probably going to call anything that even resembles a penalty.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Karlsson was just as inept on that play putting his leg under Cooke....no reason to fight...this play happens nightly. And the response from Ottawa highlighted just how insane and uneducated the whole franchise and community are. Im hoping the heavy muscle headed up will remind those players, that drinking the Eugene kook aide is not wise.

But I'm positive that the Senator players are not as stupid as their pathetic owner. They are more than likely embarrassed and probably have been mocked and taunted by every team they have played. I know I sure would have. Pens should be bringing microscopes and magnifying glasses and such to throw at that stud if a gladiator!!

Umm, to avoid trolling I'm not even going to respond to this. Stay classy my friend..

It doesn't necessarily benefit them, but it doesn't really hurt them either. They've already clinched first in the conference and Mac getting suspended means next to nothing, he barely even plays in the AHL.

I'm not wishing for that or anything, I just thinking having that kind of unpredictable element might keep things a bit more civil than they'd be otherwise.

The league is probably keeping an eye on this game as well, after Melnyk's comments. The refs are probably going to call anything that even resembles a penalty.

Depending on what happens, it could hurt them. This hypothetical would imply that the game is out of hand. I think Pittsburgh has just as much to lose in a game like this as Ottawa. Why would you want Iginla or Morrow to get potentially injured in a chaotic game? I realize you pulled most of the stars out of tomorrow but you haven't pulled all of them.

Again, I really don't think much will happen outside of a fight challenge. I wouldn't even be surprised if that doesn't happen, these hyped games often have nothing come of them.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Wait why does Cooke have to fight again? This isn't after the Savard hit.

Well if you hit someone and they get hurt... and your name is Matt Cooke, you are evil and must be held accountable... :sarcasm:. I mean im sure orpik will have to fight someone when crosby gets back.... Accidental injury = blame someone

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Again, I really don't think much will happen outside of a fight challenge. I wouldn't even be surprised if that doesn't happen, these hyped games often have nothing come of them.

Yeah, that could be too.

The Pens/Bruins game after the Savard hit was supposed to be the bloodbath to end all bloodbaths and it was honestly a fairly boring game.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Well if you hit someone and they get hurt... and your name is Matt Cooke, you are evil and must be held accountable... :sarcasm:. I mean im sure orpik will have to fight someone when crosby gets back.... Accidental injury = blame someone

If there is a fan base that can understand the Karlsson situation I think it would be Pittsburgh after the Steckel/Crosby incident. I'm fairly certain this fan base wanted Steckel dead for quite a while. Although you guys are over that by now I'm sure. I'm certain it took until at least the first rematch to begin that process.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
If there is a fan base that can understand the Karlsson situation I think it would be Pittsburgh after the Steckel/Crosby incident. I'm fairly certain this fan base wanted Steckel dead for quite a while. Although you guys are over that by now I'm sure. I'm certain it took until at least the first rematch to begin that process.

Most of us actually felt that it was accidental.

I had a much bigger problem with Hedman hitting Crosby from behind and then cowering in fear from Tyler Kennedy of all people.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Most of us actually felt that it was accidental.

I had a much bigger problem with Hedman hitting Crosby from behind and then cowering in fear from Tyler Kennedy of all people.

Whether Penguin fans thought it was accidental or not, I remember the hatred towards Steckel (or Hedman as you explained). I think the situations are sort of comparable. The whole Cooke/Karlsson thing will probably blow over the same way which was my initial point.

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
My biggest hope is someone on the Sens loses their **** and gets suspended. What hypocrisy. Imagine if it comes out that Melnyk put a bounty on someone. The controversy, the **** storm.

As long as we escape without injury I hope Ottawa completely embarrasses themselves. More to add to that list.

Hell let's sacrifice Glass. Let someone take a run at him, put him out for the season. It comes out that Melnyk called for it, league freaks out, maybe they have to forfeit us a pick!

Cool story right?

I am in favor of Glass being the sacrificial lamb. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: