Pre-Game Talk: Penguins at Ottawa (Monday April 22, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You may begin your discussion now, just make sure it's scientific.

melnyk.jpg

Example: It has been scientifically proven that Geno and Neal will not be making the trip to Ottawa and that Sid wears a face shield.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Since MacIntyre was obviously called up for this game, who sits? Obviously not Glass if we're trying to put the 'toughest' lineup out there. They might want to protect Bennett and sit him, but I feel like it'll come down to Kennedy or Vitale.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hopefully rest some guys and bring everyone back for the last 2. I don't have a clue who we will face in the postseason, but it won't be easy.

Rangers: Henrik is tough no matter what. They also have some skill/grit.

Isles: JT and that PowerPlay. No thanks.

Sens: Great depth. Unfortunately injured but looking like they could get healthy soon.

With the Rangers staying hot, I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of these three teams. All three are going to be tough tests early on.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Anyone else think that sitting Matt Cooke and playing Mac is a good idea?

Nothing good can come from Cooke playing in that building tomorrow. #1 seed is already in hand, so I say grab some pine and we'll get back to business on Tuesday.

The business of having all of our best players out with injury and winning anyway, that is...

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Hopefully rest some guys and bring everyone back for the last 2. I don't have a clue who we will face in the postseason, but it won't be easy.

Sens: Great depth. Unfortunately injured but looking like they could get healthy soon.

With the Rangers staying hot, I'm pretty sure it's going to be one of these three teams. All three are going to be tough tests early on.

Don't count the Jets out yet.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary

Play the Sens all day, every day.

They're hurt and even if Karlsson comes back, he's hardly the Karlsson that can pose a real threat to us.

I would consider giving Sid a couple more games to completely heal up if they were the first round match-up.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Nothing good can come from Cooke playing in that building tomorrow. #1 seed is already in hand, so I say grab some pine and we'll get back to business on Tuesday.

The business of having all of our best players out with injury and winning anyway, that is...

Since the Sens can be one of our opponents, I say **** it. Let the Sens get their crap out of the way early. And then bang the **** out of them w/ every hit you can throw.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

You don't want to see the meltdown if he scores? Or throws a hit? Or bends over for the faceoff? Or takes a seat on the bench?

Cooke can defend himself, he'll keep his eyes open. This is a golden chance for Ottawa to expose themselves for what they really are.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Since the Sens can be one of our opponents, I say **** it. Let the Sens get their crap out of the way early. And then bang the **** out of them w/ every hit you can throw.

This is a good thought too, as playing them is highly possible. I suppose it makes better sense to just get the garbage out of the way in a meaningless game, rather than get dragged into something stupid in the first round.

You don't want to see the meltdown if he scores? Or throws a hit? Or bends over for the faceoff? Or takes a seat on the bench?

Cooke can defend himself, he'll keep his eyes open. This is a golden chance for Ottawa to expose themselves for what they really are.

Another good thought. I was more or less thinking of not letting Cooke get dragged into a situation where he gets himself suspended, but then again if the fight is going to come, than it's going to come.

Bring Big Mac anyway though. TK, grab some wood there, bub. :laugh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Play the Sens all day, every day.

They're hurt and even if Karlsson comes back, he's hardly the Karlsson that can pose a real threat to us.

I would consider giving Sid a couple more games to completely heal up if they were the first round match-up.

I wouldn't care if karlsson was completely healthy, as well as spezza. I'd still want them over the rangers. We've had a bit of a playoff rivalry with them...there's no doubt we would beat them again. I don't want to hear about " anything can happen, you have to play the games". Yeah I get it. That's not happening this year. Give me the senators. I haven't had a reason to play that senators gladiator intro in a long time

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Sens should be more focused on getting two points than some kind of idiot justice. After all, the Rangers are...

David_Caruso_7.jpg

...nipping at their heels.

I'm so sorry.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
If we beat them, the rags jump to #7... not that id rather face the Sens, but a win here and it becomes more likely that the sens become our first round date...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
This is a good thought too, as playing them is highly possible. I suppose it makes better sense to just get the garbage out of the way in a meaningless game, rather than get dragged into something stupid in the first round.

Another good thought. I was more or less thinking of not letting Cooke get dragged into a situation where he gets himself suspended, but then again if the fight is going to come, than it's going to come.

Bring Big Mac anyway though. TK, grab some wood there, bub. :laugh:

My biggest hope is someone on the Sens loses their **** and gets suspended. What hypocrisy. Imagine if it comes out that Melnyk put a bounty on someone. The controversy, the **** storm.

As long as we escape without injury I hope Ottawa completely embarrasses themselves. More to add to that list.

Hell let's sacrifice Glass. Let someone take a run at him, put him out for the season. It comes out that Melnyk called for it, league freaks out, maybe they have to forfeit us a pick!

Cool story right?

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Would love nothing more than for Cooke to score tomorrow, Sens' fans' anger would fuel these boards for years, not to mention ol' CSI Melnyk's ire.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Sens should be more focused on getting two points than some kind of idiot justice. After all, the Rangers are...

David_Caruso_7.jpg

...nipping at their heels.

I'm so sorry.

:laugh:

I really hope Cooke has his best game of the season. Gordie Howe hat trick would be pretty darn satisfying.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Best case scenario: Melnyk announces the findings of his investigation at center ice before puck drop. Preferably accompanied by that slovenly Spartan guy.

Milan the God*

Hey guys. I'm a Sens fan and I can't see our team doing anything out of control. My guess is that Kassian/Smith/Neil will challenge Cooke to a fight, and the Sens will finish their checks a little harder on Cooke. That's all. I'm sure Paul MacLean will be reminding the players what could happen if we target Cooke (powerplays for you guys, possibly no playoffs for the Sens because of it).

So Martin isn't playing I'm guessing? I remember hearing six weeks about three weeks ago. How likely is Letang? And obviously no to Neal, Crosby and Malkin.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Hey guys. I'm a Sens fan and I can't see our team doing anything out of control. My guess is that Kassian/Smith/Neil will challenge Cooke to a fight, and the Sens will finish their checks a little harder on Cooke. That's all. I'm sure Paul MacLean will be reminding the players what could happen if we target Cooke (powerplays for you guys, possibly no playoffs for the Sens because of it).

So Martin isn't playing I'm guessing? I remember hearing six weeks about three weeks ago. How likely is Letang? And obviously no to Neal, Crosby and Malkin.

Letang is sick apparently. He didn't travel with the team.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Neal, Crosby, Malkin and Martin are definitely out. I think Letang is also out, but that's more of a hunch than fact. To ensure that tomorrow is a gong show, I'm 99% sure Steve Macintyre will be dressing for the first time in a year or two.

I'm just hoping both teams get through tomorrow sans injury. Good luck.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Let Cooke play. He can handle himself if the Sens decide to be idiots and chase after him all game.

Hoping for a good game cause its my birthday tomorrow. Sadly wont be able to watch it because university thought a final tomorrow night would be a great present. :cry:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
He is "sick". ;)

Meh. Jokinen just left the game the other night due to illness so it's possible something is going around the locker room. If they were sitting him they'd just say they were sitting him. It's not like they have anything left to play for.

I don't really have a problem with him sitting regardless of whether he's sick or not. He's had nagging injuries all year and the Pens have the first seed locked up.

LetangyBarbecue

Feb 21, 2013
Pittsburgh
My biggest hope is someone on the Sens loses their **** and gets suspended. What hypocrisy. Imagine if it comes out that Melnyk put a bounty on someone. The controversy, the **** storm.

As long as we escape without injury I hope Ottawa completely embarrasses themselves. More to add to that list.

Hell let's sacrifice Glass. Let someone take a run at him, put him out for the season. It comes out that Melnyk called for it, league freaks out, maybe they have to forfeit us a pick!

Cool story right?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad