Penguins Announce "Prospects Challenge" Roster

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Bummed I can’t watch this...thanks for all who are posting updates about what’s happening...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So far Lafferty's been PIT's best player with a nod to Angello of course.
D have been doing well as a group overall with Marino jumping out and P-O playing a steady game.
Larmi's made some good stops as well.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yikes.
Asplund snipes one past Larmi from a bad angle shorthanded. 4-4.

LEGARE! Gets one right back while still on the PP.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Moskal's easily been the best PTO.
Velluci's go to guy on FO's.
Just an all around solid checking hockey player.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This tournament made me want to check out some WBS games this year, because watching that defense with POJ, Marino and Almari should be interesting. WBS has a **** load of veteran defenseman (Trotman, Warsofsky, Czuczman, Erkamps, probably one of Ruhwedel or Riikola), so getting ice time for them may be complicated. It should be interesting to watch though.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yes. BUF announcer said head to head decides to PIT finishes 1st in the tourney i believe.

Well if Boston wins today, they’d be 2-1 also with a head to head win against the Pens, so wouldn’t they win the tourney?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, my impression from Larmi is that he's even more young MAF than young MAF was. He oozes athleticism but he really needs to reign it in with his composure.
The benefit to Larmi is that he's not on a team that has no full time goalie coach and consultant and won't be brought up and down to avoid paying him a rookie bonus. I like that he has the same "spirit" as MAF, properly developed, I hope he someday ends up on the big club.

Sucks to be Tristan Jarry tho.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This tournament made me want to check out some WBS games this year, because watching that defense with POJ, Marino and Almari should be interesting. WBS has a **** load of veteran defenseman (Trotman, Warsofsky, Czuczman, Erkamps, probably one of Ruhwedel or Riikola), so getting ice time for them may be complicated. It should be interesting to watch though.

I want to get it (if they finally fix their terrible production values) to see guys like Palve, Bellerive, Lafferty, Bjorkqvist, etc. That forward group is going to be so stacked and I hope Vellucci has a repeat of a Championship, WBS has been good for too long to suddenly turn to crap and never win a Calder yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad